Talent Partner – Creative Pillar
Who are Engine?
We are Engine. A new breed of creative communications company. We operate via a unique collaborative model that curates specialist teams around clients’ needs, providing them with the answers they need now. And the questions they should ask of the future.
We work with some of the largest and most admired brands in the world, including Sky, Disney, Unilever, Royal Navy, Warburtons and Coca-Cola.
We’re proud of the accolades we have received in recognition of our work and in the last two years have won almost 100 top tier industry awards.
Your role and team
Engine is organised into three pillars of excellence. Our Creative Pillar is a diverse community of creative and strategic thinkers, makers, and inventors. They meet the challenge of disruption head-on through Brand and Experience Consulting, Advertising and Communications, Film Content and Editorial and Research and Development.
Our Talent Partners are the life blood of our business, ensuring that we are have access to the very best talent available and helping Engine become the employer of choice within the industry.
Your role will encompass all areas of the Creative pillar, and you will have the opportunity to help shape and drive the talent acquisition strategy.
Who are you
- You will bring proven in-depth experience of working across the Creative Advertising Industry of working across the Creative Advertising Industry with deep knowledge in at least two or more areas of discipline (Brand & Engagement Strategy, Integrated Creative, Account Handling, Design, Project Management, Production, Digital and Product.)
And you will be responsible for strategically sourcing and pipelining for roles across all departments
- You take real pride in stakeholder management and you will strive to be a true Partner to our Hiring Managers. Your in-depth recruitment knowledge will assure your stakeholders see you as a subject matter expert who is able to provide sound guidance on the most complex hiring needs
- You are able to work in a very faced paced environment, with high recruitment volumes
- You will report to the Head of People who you will work closely with on talent strategy and the talent acquisition process
- You will own the Talent Strategy and help reshape our employer brand from a Talent perspective, alongside key stakeholders including our PR partner
- You will Line Manage the Talent Assistant, taking accountability for the quality and accuracy of their output and developing them within their role and monitoring their performance.
- You are willing to muck-in and support the Talent Assistant during very busy periods across all aspects of their role
- You will be responsible for weekly reporting and delivering updates to hiring managers and any other key stakeholders. And You will lead weekly 121 meetings, Hiring Manager Status meetings
- You will take accountability for job postings, the monitoring of costs against budget, ROI from jobs board, partnerships and programmes.
- You will be responsible for managing and monitoring the recruitment budget and working closely with the Finance Director to ensure hiring needs are met in the most effective way
- You are committed to driving a direct hiring model and ensuring the best talent is hired in a timely and cost-effective manner
- You are able to effectively manage the relationship with external recruiters and skilfully negotiate external recruiter T&C’s in cases where we may need to use external recruiters
- You will consistently monitor the candidate experience, ensuring every touch point within the candidate journey is a positive one. And you will contribute to the wider Talent team to ensure best practice hiring across the agency, and come to the table with new innovative hiring practices ideas
- You will partner stakeholders to ascertain the future skills and talent required across the business, to ensure the business is future proofed. As such - you are forward thinking and always actively sourcing or engaging with top talent to ensure we have a healthy targeted prospective pipeline
- You are willing and able to learn our ATS software inside out and be the Resident ATS Trainer and internal evangelist as to why all Hiring Managers should use it
- You are passionate about how data can enrichen the talent acquisition process and you are comfortable using data to inform your Talent Strategy
- Your RDE&I lens (Representation, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion) will never fall off.
You are comfortable challenging stakeholder thinking and any biases that may arise in an amicable and confident manner, as it pertains to areas of talent acquisition experience and our policies
- You may not be an expert however, you are somewhat familiar with the RDE&I space and willing to fully immerse yourself in the space to learn more
- You are passionate about and committed to placing top underrepresented talent into senior leadership and management positions – particularly across our target groups which are people from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, Women, and those from Low Socioeconomic backgrounds.
- You will manage our internal and external placement and partnership programmes (i.e. apprenticeships, placements and mentorship programmes). You will proactively reach out to potential new partners and establish and cultivate new relationships
- In relation to the previous point, you will streamline our internal and external programmes with the general recruitment sourcing and hiring process, to ensure we are considering underrepresented candidates for sustainable employment opportunities
- You are a passionate, committed and results oriented Talent Partner with a drive to get things done – specially you will be solutions driven with the ability to think laterally, flexibly and creatively when problem solving
- You have excellent time, prioritisation and expectation management skills
- You are a self-starter able to work proactively and autonomously
- You understand the needs and nuances of a matrixed organisation
WHO WE ARE: Creative Pillar Values & Behaviour
- Feeds off others and relishes others feeding off them.
- Respects the role each individual can bring to the work.
- Works for the greater good first, before personal gain.
- Ambitious and energetic.
- Enthusiastic about what’s next, embracing the future.
- Won’t settle for mediocrity, in themselves and others.
- Thrives in changing environments and willing to change themselves.
- Embraces risks and learns from failures.
- Balances expertise with enthusiasm for broader skills.
- Energised by new ideas and lateral thinking.
- Able to turn their curiosity into action through ideas.
- Relishes finding new creative ways to solve problems.
- Takes responsibility for their actions, behaviours, output and results.
- Focussed on high quality and rigour.
- Strives to build an inclusive, respectful environment.
- Motivated by growth: personal, company and culture.
- Independently seeks to gain ground in the work, creatively and commercially.
- Find fresh and exciting ways to do business.
We know our people are our superpower, so at Engine you can expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match, including free breakfast at the in-house cafe, gym discounts, contributory pension, cycle to work scheme and much more!
At ENGINE we believe in a culture of inclusivity, we celebrate difference and believe that diversity makes our business more relevant, our work more meaningful and our people more empowered. We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all and we're open to applications from all ethnicities, orientations, beliefs, gender identities + those with neurodiverse traits.
Find out more at: http://uk.enginegroup.com/