Who are Engine?
We are Engine. A new breed of creative communications company. We operate via a unique collaborative model that curates specialist teams around clients’ needs, providing them with the answers they need now. And the questions they should ask of the future.
We work with some of the largest and most admired brands in the world, including Sky, Disney, Unilever, Royal Navy, Warburtons, and Coca-Cola.
We’re proud of the accolades we have received in recognition of our work and in the last two years have won almost 100 top-tier industry awards.
Your role and team:
We’re looking for a Strategy Director to join our team of nine in the Brand Communications Strategy team. You’ll report to the Head of Strategy and play a leadership role within the team with strategic oversight of our Government and Eurostar business.
Here’s what you can look forward to if you are our next Strategy Director at ENGINE:
- You will have strategic responsibility for two very different clients:
- Engine’s ‘standby’ contract with the UK Government. This means turning complex policy into effective communications. You’ll triage the hugely varied briefs as they come in, lead as well as orchestrate responses from our diverse group of strategists to solve problems at speed.
- Eurostar has been a client at Engine for the last 4 years, as travel resumes, you’ll be supporting them to build their brand and encourage people to begin travelling internationally by train once more. ‘After all, “You see more when you don’t fly”
- We’ve just been successfully appointed as one of twelve agencies on the ‘Integrated campaigns’ roster for UK Government and you’ll be instrumental in helping us pitch to turn opportunities into new business. This could a whole host of opportunities from Dept for Transport to HMRC to The Army.
- You’ll be part of an incredibly talented and collaborative group of brand comms planners and you’ll play an important role in management of the juniors on your accounts.
- You’ll also work hand in hand with our team of brand engagement strategists whose expertise range from social media to comms planning and digital strategy.
Here is what we’re looking for:
- Exceptional brand strategy craft skills are needed so that you have a broad range of knowledge to draw from to apply to the myriad of briefs you’ll get.
- A high level of practical behaviour change experience. You won’t only know the theory; you’ll have a proven track record of effectively turning it into practice.
- You’ll have a track record of working in an agile way to solve problems.
- There’s no ‘one type of brief’ on Government communications and so you need to be flexible in your approach.
- We really do believe that “no one of us is as good as all of us” and so you’ll need to be collaborative by nature to work with diverse groups of teams to solve problems collectively.
- You’ll have experience managing a team of different strategists to solve client’s problems whilst also developing and nurturing their talents.
At ENGINE we believe in a culture of inclusivity, we celebrate difference and believe that diversity makes our business more relevant, our work more meaningful and our people more empowered. We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all and we're open to applications from all ethnicities, orientations, beliefs, gender identities + those with neurodiverse traits.
If you’re interested in adding to our skills and culture here at ENGINE, but this role isn’t quite right for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org detailing what type of roles you’re interested in, along with your CV so we can get in touch for future opportunities.
Find out more at: http://uk.enginegroup.com/