Senior Brand & UI Designer
Who are Engine?
We are Engine. A new breed of creative communications company. We operate via a unique collaborative model that curates specialist teams around clients’ needs, providing them with the answers they need now. And the questions they should ask of the future.
We work with some of the largest and most admired brands in the world, including Sky, Disney, Unilever, Royal Navy, Warburtons, and Coca-Cola.
We’re proud of the accolades we have received in recognition of our work and in the last two years have won almost 100 top-tier industry awards.
Your role and team
Our visual designers are makers and storytellers that combine design thinking and design doing to bring transformative ideas and experiences to life.
You will be a visual fundamentalists, who approaches projects with a clear rationale and innovative mindset, crafting brand systems, compelling products, and extending visual languages to bring brands to life.
The Senior UI Designer will be massively ambitious and find unique ways to deliver against the wider creative beliefs of Engine.
You will be part of a team servicing one of the world’s biggest brands and responsible for delivering design work that both meets and surpasses the standard of craft within ENGINE Creative.
Here’s what you can look forward to if you are our next Senior Experience Designer at ENGINE:
- You’ll be creating best-in-class design outputs that meet and exceed Engine standards.
- You will create diverse designs for user interface, design systems, layouts, brand identity, iconography, and presentation narratives.
- You will create concepts and collaborate with strategy, creative, UX, and technology to ensure design work exceeds expectations.
- You will work closely with the Creative Director to lead the design craft and execute the creative vision.
- You will manage and maintain the quality of design throughout all phases of the project.
- You will mentor and manage Designers and Junior Designers.
- You’d be expected to participate constructively in inter-department and cross-service line communications.
- You will execute design work to ensure final deliverables meet Engine standards and client expectations.
Here is what we’re looking for:
- You will have excellent and extensive experience in Visual Design
- Have a proven ability to produce cutting-edge creative work, and an advanced understanding of design.
- Has a passion for design and is aware of emerging trends and technologies.
- Has a proactive, positive attitude and is able to work autonomously if required.
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail when creating design artifacts and assets.
- You will have experience in creating user interface designs for responsive websites, products, and mobile applications.
- You’ll have outstanding presentation skills.
- Exhibits exceptional communication skills within the agency team and with clients.
- Takes constructive criticism with ease and grace.
- Embraces challenges and new methods of thinking.
We want someone to come in and make the most of the opportunities at Engine Creative. The work is varied and exciting. We want Designers who aren’t scared of a new opportunity or scared of making mistakes on the path to something truly interesting. We want Designers who want to grow and help grow the department.
Talented and Skilled
You’ve got to have artistic talent. Know how to make marks that are exquisite, effective and can tell a story. Typographical skills are important. An eye for colour. Understanding form. Photography, animation, 3D are a plus.
You are Knowledgable
We don’t expect you to know everything, but we expect you to have a thirst for knowledge. Engine Creative is a place to grow and learn.
We know our people are our superpower, so at Engine you can expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match, including gym discounts, contributory pension, cycle to work scheme and much more!
At ENGINE we believe in a culture of inclusivity, we celebrate difference and believe that diversity makes our business more relevant, our work more meaningful and our people more empowered. We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all and we're open to applications from all ethnicities, orientations, beliefs, gender identities + those with neurodiversity traits.