Who we are
ENGINE Transformation (ET) creates, accelerates, designs and builds the future for our clients. We combine the creativity of an agency with the robustness of a consultancy and technical agility of a start-up. Built on Research. Driven by Design. Fuelled by Data. Powered by Technology.
We Transform organisations through a world class research, design, data and technology culture, delivering better digital and multichannel experiences. We combine depth of expertise with a breadth of experience, working across both public and private sector to delivery tangible outcomes in partnership with our clients, built on a philosophy of transparency, collaboration and agility.
Our services include strategy & innovation, market & customer research, change & delivery, service design, data driven transformation and solutions, technology strategy and data and software engineering.
We are proud to work for clients as diverse as, Dominos, Toyota, Honda, Hammersons, Ministry of Justice, Department for Education, HMRC, GDS and the Home Office. We have offices in London, Manchester, Sydney & Melbourne
We are part of ENGINE Group’s UK operations and form one of three business pillars, alongside our colleagues in Creative (advertising and marketing) and Communications (PR). In total, ENGINE UK has over 800 staff in our London and Manchester offices.
Find out more at: https://transformation.enginegroup.com/
You will be working across a variety of visual design roles and be driven to get your teeth into fascinating design challenges.
You will have an outstanding portfolio you can share with us, showing work across a variety of platforms and media.
You will be a dynamic Senior design practitioner able to output high fidelity UI designs, wireframes, user flows and personas, or layout, colour, branding and typographic-led designs. And maybe there’s something special that you could offer us: we’d love you to be secret video journalist or motion graphic designer.
You will have a passion about working within an Agile environment which will be led by individuals from the business, working prototypes which are developed and tested to ensure they meet business needs.
You care passionately about representing the users you design for.
You want to design not just the best thing but the right thing for the whole audience.
Of course you know how to use Adobe Creative Suite products, but more importantly, you’re happy to pick up whatever package best suits the task at hand. The same goes for the new devices or channels that your designs might appear on.
You’re keen to lead, mentor and support the development of more junior Engine Transformation design staff.
You can pitch your work, and sell it to all sorts of people. You’ll have an instinct for balancing the clients needs with our users’ needs, and you’ll be able to work with a diverse group of disciplines and perspectives.
- Strong use of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign all musts)
- demonstrable commercial experience as a Senior Designer.
- Conceptual sketching
- Information design - turning stats / information into beautiful visuals
- Developing style guides
- Experience of working with UX Researchers, UX Designers and developers to build awesome products or services
- Ability to create UI assets
- Prototyping skills - paper, InVision, Axure, Framer etc
- Modelling and visualising user journeys and bringing them to life
- Growing our capabilities in the UX area to improve our methodology and quality
- Branding and layout design
- Design for print skills
- Experience managing/mentoring junior designers
- Agency experience
- Retail, finance, Government experience
- Experience of the GDS design manual and delivering against it
- Experience of Agile and Scrum
We like people who are:
- Enthusiastic about what they do, and a delight to work with
- Motivated and full of ideas
- Data and technology fanatics, who can show an interest in and understanding of recent trends and the benefits they could bring
- Passionate about working within data, digital and technology and with the drive and determination to continually improve
- Able to build successful relationships to establish credibility
Our culture is built on:
- Being one team; we work for and with each other with respect and positive intent; when the going is tough, we support not blame each other
- We aim high and are ambitious; we bring the energy and positivity
- We are curious and embrace new ideas and different perspectives, generous with our time and with each other
- We are not afraid to fail, we learn from our failures, turning them into our future successes
- We deliver quality in everything we do; we are open and honest with each other and our clients
Our benefits include:
- Holiday entitlement, 28 days with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Day off (on or in the week of) your birthday
- Pension eligibility, up to 5% matched contributions
- Healthcare eligibility, private healthcare with Vitality, option to buy discounted family cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym discounts
- Regular social events/activities
- Life Insurance
If this sounds like you please get in touch to discuss in more detail.