Engine Transformation (ET) creates, accelerates, designs, and builds the future for our clients. We combine the creativity of an agency with the robustness of a consultancy and the technical agility of a start-up. Built on Research. Driven by Design. Fuelled by Data. Powered by Technology.
We Transform organisations through a world class research, design, data and technology culture, delivering better digital and multichannel experiences. We combine depth of expertise with a breadth of experience, working across both public and private sector to deliver tangible outcomes in partnership with our clients, built on a philosophy of transparency, collaboration and agility.
Our services include strategy & innovation, market & customer research, change & delivery, service design, data driven transformation and solutions, technology strategy and data and software engineering
We are proud to work for clients as diverse as, Avon, Toyota, Honda, Hammersons, Ministry of Justice, Department for Education, HMRC, GDS and the Home Office. We have offices in London, Manchester, Sydney & Melbourne
We are a part of the Engine Group’s UK operations and form one of three business pillars, alongside our colleagues in Creative (advertising and marketing) and Communications (PR). In total, Engine UK has over 800 staff in our London and Manchester offices.
Find out more at: https://transformation.enginegroup.com/
The role: Senior UX Designer
You will be working across a variety of Research & Design projects, bringing your content skills and experience to solving fascinating design challenges.
We will expect the successful candidate to have knowledge and skills in experience designing that is evidence-based – bringing together user research and insight with UX expertise, to create services that help people complete their journeys and goals.
You will be expected to define and map end-to-end user and customer journeys, develop prototypes from rough concepts to hi-fidelity interactive experiences.
Therefore, you will have an outstanding portfolio, showing work across a variety of platforms and media, demonstrating high fidelity UI designs, wireframes, user flows and personas, or layout, colour, branding and typographic-led designs.
We also expect the successful candidate to demonstrate their experience in designing services for users that struggle online, perhaps through disability, lack of digital confidence, age or neurodiversity and understand what is needed to build an inclusive service.
In this role, you will be expected to lead, mentor and support the development of more junior Engine Transformation design staff. You will also be able to pitch your work and sell it to all sorts of people both internal and external
- Key skills/experience:
- 5+ years in UX and/or Interaction Design
- Experience with prototyping tools such as Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), Figma, InVision, Sketch etc. (as well as paper!)
- Conceptual sketching
- Information design - turning data / information into engaging visuals
- Experience of working with UX Researchers, UX Designers and developers to build awesome products or services
- Ability to create UI assets that are reusable components
- Experience working to Agile methodology
- Experience creating common, shareable design patterns
- Expertise in modelling and visualising user journeys
- Experience working with development teams to implement and refine designs
- Growing our capabilities in the UX area to improve our methodology and quality
- Experience with the GDS Front-End Prototyping Toolkit.
- Experience managing/mentoring junior UX Designers
- Experience of the Government Digital Service design system
- Experience of Experience of delivering Discovery, Alpha, Beta, Live
- Retail, FS, government experience
- Experience in design sprints and rapid prototyping
- Visual / graphic design
- We like people who are:
- Enthusiastic about what they do, and a delight to work with
- Motivated and full of ideas
- Data and technology fanatics, who can show an interest in and understanding of recent trends and the benefits they could bring
- Passionate about working within data, digital and technology and with the drive and determination to continually improve
- Able to build successful relationships to establish credibility
- Our culture is built on:
- Being one team; we work for and with each other with respect and positive intent; when the going is tough, we support not blame each other
- We aim high and are ambitious; we bring the energy and positivity
- We are curious and embrace new ideas and different perspectives, generous with our time and with each other
- We are not afraid to fail, we learn from our failures, turning them into our future successes
- We deliver quality in everything we do; we are open and honest with each other and our clients
- Our benefits include:
- Holiday entitlement, 28 days with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Day off (on or in the week of) your birthday
- Pension eligibility, up to 5% matched contributions
- Healthcare eligibility, private healthcare with Vitality, option to buy discounted family cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym discounts
- Free breakfast
- Regular social events/activities
- Childcare vouchers
- Life Insurance
At ENGINE we believe in a culture of inclusivity, we celebrate difference and believe that diversity makes our business more relevant, our work more meaningful and our people more empowered. We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all and we're open to applications from all ethnicities, orientations, beliefs, gender identities + those with neurodiverse traits and disabilities.
If this sounds like you please get in touch to discuss in more detail.