Engine Transformation (ET) creates, accelerates, designs and builds the future for our clients. We combine the creativity of an agency with the robustness of a consultancy and the technical agility of a start-up. Built on Research. Driven by Design. Fuelled by Data. Powered by Technology.
We Transform organisations through a world class research, design, data and technology culture, delivering better digital and multichannel experiences. We combine depth of expertise with a breadth of experience, working across both public and private sector to deliver tangible outcomes in partnership with our clients, built on a philosophy of transparency, collaboration and agility.
Our services include strategy & innovation, market & customer research, change & delivery, service design, data driven transformation and solutions, technology strategy and data and software engineering
We are proud to work for clients as diverse as Sky, Avon, Santander, Holland & Barrett, Lexus, Ministry of Justice, Department for International Trade, Defra and Home Office. We have offices in London, Manchester, Sydney & Melbourne.
We are a part of the Engine Group’s UK operations and form one of three business pillars, alongside our colleagues in Creative (advertising and marketing) and Communications (PR). In total, Engine UK has over 800 staff in our London and Manchester offices.
Find out more at: https://transformation.enginegroup.com/
The Role: Senior Quality Engineer
As our technology practice has grown rapidly and due to the constant evolution of the Quality Engineering space, we are looking to add a Sr Quality Engineer who will be the champion of quality across engine project deliveries.
You will be one of the senior quality advocate, spanning several customer and internal Engine initiatives. You will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop solutions following CI/CD best practices. As a core team member, you will have the ability to influence the way we work as a QE business function and set the standard at an industry level.
Key responsibilities, include:
- Culture. Championing a ‘Shift Left’/’Test Early and Often’ culture across the organisation covering the delivery of client projects and the adoption on internal projects and products.
- Advisory & Engagement. Partner with our internal and customer’s engineering team to ensure quality for a product/feature, assess risks and ensure features ship with a high-quality bar.
- Partnerships. Partner with engineering and infrastructure teams to leverage automation for scalable solutions to prevent manual regressions and ensure reliability of product.
- Outreach & Contribution. Get involved in the wider QE community and participate and organise in Meet Ups, also look at opportunities to support Opensource projects.
- Collaborate. Collaborate with customer scrum teams for design reviews and provide input on requirements, product design and advise on potential QE risks.
- Delivery. Deliver quality test output required at every stage of product development lifecycle. Testing requirements, design, feature, integration etc.
We are technology agnostic but primarily cloud based and skew heavily towards open source. To give a flavour, here are some technology stacks from recent projects:
- AWS, Serverless, Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, S3, Auth0, CircleCI, Drone.io, GitFlow
- Java, Kotlin, Scala, Ruby, Python, Node, React/React Native, Angular
- Spring, Django, Play, Rails, Sinatra, Express, Meteor, Expo
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience with tooling from either AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience with both functional and non-functional aspects of Quality Engineering
- Experience with BDD, TDD, ATDD and how it can be applied to test both backend services and frontends
- The ability to understand and execute Context Driven, Risk Based, and Session Based testing with guidance.
- Experience in working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Hands-on automation experience, with tools like Cypress/Selenium/Rest Assured, etc.
- Experienced with Web, Mobile and Backend test automated frameworks.
- Got deep understanding and hands-on experience building and optimising CI/CD software pipelines.
- Metrics Focused – Able to define and implement measurements to determine test effectiveness, testing efficiency, and measure the overall quality of the Product.
Our culture is built on:
- Being one team; we work for and with each other with respect and positive intent; when the going is tough, we support not blame each other
- We aim high and are ambitious; we bring the energy and positivity
- We are curious and embrace new ideas and different perspectives, generous with our time and with each other
- We are not afraid to fail, we learn from our failures, turning them into our future successes
- We deliver quality in everything we do; we are open and honest with each other and our clients
Our benefits include:
- Holiday entitlement, 28 days with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Day off (on or in the week of) your birthday
- Pension eligibility, up to 5% matched contributions
- Healthcare eligibility, private healthcare with Vitality, option to buy discounted family cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym discounts
- Regular social events/activities
- Life Insurance
If this sounds like you, please get in touch to discuss in more detail.