Who are Engine?
A new breed of creative communications company. We operate via a unique collaborative model that curates specialist teams around clients’ needs, providing them with the answers they need now. And the questions they should ask of the future.
We work with some of the largest and most admired brands in the world, including Sky, Disney, Unilever, Royal Navy, Warburtons and Coca-Cola.
We’re proud of the accolades we have received in recognition of our work and in the last two years have won almost 100 top tier industry awards.
Your role and team
Working within the Engine Central Finance team, we are looking for a dynamic, and flexible individual to join as a Senior Payroll Administrator on a fixed term contract. Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the Senior Payroll Administrator will have primary responsibility for providing first class payroll service to Engine UK across all trading divisions. The role requires an individual who is a real team player, a strong communicator, someone with excellent attention to detail and who welcomes change by continually looking to improve processes.
We need someone happy to get involved in all aspects of payroll operations, a team player with a flexible approach. Core responsibilities will include:
- Your responsibilities
- Ensuring new starter’s personal data, payments and deductions have been entered and transferred from the HR data base to Payroll correctly
- Checking for the receipt of Starter check list, P45’s and national insurance numbers
- Ensuring short- fixed term contract employees are paid in the correct period according to their contracts
- Closing leavers on the payroll system, ensuring final payments are calculated and paid correctly
- Ensuring changes such as Salary, Pensions and other voluntary benefits are uploaded into the payroll system correctly for processing
- Ensure each payroll is ready for review by the respective group FC within the agreed time frame
- Reconciling all statutory deductions, Pensions and voluntary deductions
- Running the payroll month end GL report for management accounting
- Preparing the Pension upload report for the pension provider
- Preparing payments to third party bodies such as HMRC
- Management and reconciliation of benefit deductions working with the UK FP&A manager
- Assisting with improving payroll processes
- Assisting with ledger queries from the UK FP&A manager
- Who you are
- You have a minimum of 4 years Payroll experience
- As well as using different payroll systems, you have experience and confidence with using ADP IHCM2 system
- Knowledge of current UK legislation relevant to payroll including Tax, NI, SMP & SSP
- Understanding of RTI and Pension Auto-enrolment including practical implementation
- Confident with preparing manual calculations
- You can demonstrate excellent attention to detail; pick up and rectify mistakes before problem arises
- You have previous experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- You are confident in MS Excel
- Excellent communicator
- A proactive team player, can use your own initiative and self-manage tasks and prioritise your workload
- You have a flexible approach; willing to get stuck in and support the team with a wide range of tasks
- With excellent organisational skills you can multi-task under pressure
- CIPP qualified or part -qualified would be desirable but not essential
- Where you will add value
- Relationships: You build positive working relationships with all kinds of people at different levels
- Communication: You provide and gather information effectively, actively managing the communication process
- Integrity: You gain the trust of others by taking responsibility for your own actions and being transparent
- Delivering Results: You focus yourself and others on achieving specific outcomes effectively
- Innovation: You generate new ideas through original thought
- Personal Development: You focus on your own development and take action to learn
We know our people are our superpower, so at Engine you can expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match including gym discounts, contributory pension, cycle to work scheme and much more!
At ENGINE we believe in a culture of inclusivity, we celebrate difference and believe that diversity makes our business more relevant, our work more meaningful and our people more empowered. We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all and we're open to applications from all ethnicities, orientations, beliefs, gender identities + those with neurodiverse traits and disabilities.
Find out more at: http://uk.enginegroup.com/