ENGINE Transformation (ET) creates, accelerates, designs and builds the future for our clients. We combine the creativity of an agency with the robustness of a consultancy and technical agility of a start-up. Built on Research. Driven by Design. Fuelled by Data. Powered by Technology.
We Transform organisations through a world class research, design, data and technology culture, delivering better digital and multichannel experiences. We combine depth of expertise with a breadth of experience, working across both public and private sector to delivery tangible outcomes in partnership with our clients, built on a philosophy of transparency, collaboration and agility.
Our services include strategy & innovation, market & customer research, change & delivery, service design, data driven transformation and solutions, technology strategy and data and software engineering.
We are proud to work for clients as diverse as Sky, Dominos, Santander, Holland & Barrett, BMW, Ministry of Justice, Department for International Trade, Defra and Home Office. We have offices in London, Manchester, Sydney & Melbourne.
We are part of ENGINE Group’s UK operations and form one of three business pillars, alongside our colleagues in Creative (advertising and marketing) and Communications (PR). In total, ENGINE UK has over 800 staff in our London and Manchester offices.
Find out more at: https://transformation.enginegroup.com/
The Role: Senior Developer
What we need:
We’re looking for a dynamic Senior Developer who will report into one of our Principal Developers. As a Senior Developer you will be:
- An expert in software development
- Able to demonstrate skills in a variety of technical areas using this expertise to help your team work effectively
- Identifying, testing and championing the adoption of emerging technologies
- Working with Principal Developers, the Director of Software Development and others to help evolve Engine Transformation’s engineering strategy
You will work with your team to adopt best-practice engineering principles based upon both our and the client’s agreed standards. You will also help to build our wider software and data engineering capability, inputting into strategy and standards and helping junior developers reach their potential.
As an engineer: We are looking for expertise in the following:
- Relevant frameworks e.g. Spring, React, Angular, Express, Hapi
- Docker and either AWS or Azure
- SQL and NoSQL solutions and when to use them
- Writing clean code and clear tests
- DevOps principles for continuous integration and delivery
- Sharing knowledge, sometimes through pair programming
- An analytical approach to problem solving
As a leader: We are looking for experience in the following areas:
- Building trust with stakeholders and contributing to high-performing teams
- Awareness of business, engineering, architecture and infrastructure needs
- Designing maintainable, scalable and secure services
- Enabling delivery without incurring undue technical debt
- Mentoring junior software engineers
We like people who are:
- Enthusiastic about what they do, and a delight to work with
- Motivated and full of ideas
- Data and technology fanatics, who can show an interest in and understanding of recent trends and the benefits they could bring
- Passionate about working within data, digital and technology and with the drive and determination to continually improve
- Able to build successful relationships to establish credibility
Our culture is built on:
- Being one team; we work for and with each other with respect and positive intent; when the going is tough, we support not blame each other
- We aim high and are ambitious; we bring the energy and positivity
- We are curious and embrace new ideas and different perspectives, generous with our time and with each other
- We are not afraid to fail, we learn from our failures, turning them into our future successes
- We deliver quality in everything we do; we are open and honest with each other and our clients
Our benefits include:
- Holiday entitlement, 28 days with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Day off (on or in the week of) your birthday
- Pension eligibility, up to 5% matched contributions
- Healthcare eligibility, private healthcare with Vitality, option to buy discounted family cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym discounts
- Regular social events/activities
- Life Insurance
If this sounds like you, please get in touch to discuss in more detail.