We are looking for a Senior Director to join our Brand + Reputation team, reporting to Practice Head, Rachel Bower, operating as a senior leader across the team and the wider agency, leading integrated briefs.
As a senior leader you will be able to influence, persuade, provide counsel and sound advice across a range of sectors. You will be able to advise at the most senior levels of business, including C-suite executives on a range of brand and reputation challenges. You will understand how to navigate complex stakeholder environments and be able to deputise for any member of the agency leadership team when needed.
You will also be viewed as an exceptional role model both within the practice and across the agency.
As an integral part of the Practice senior leadership team you will lead on the provision of strategic advice to clients and colleagues while ensuring account teams exceed clients’ expectations as well as ensuring accounts are profitable.
You will lead by example to manage and motivate your team, partnering with the Practice Head to identify and the shape future direction of the practice.
- What are the main responsibilities?
- Act as an integral part of the clients’ strategic advisory team to provide senior counsel and strategy input
- Manage your own portfolio of clients looking for organic growth opportunities and cross-pollination
- Support the Head of Brand + Reputation in ensuring overall quality, client retention and delivery of budgeted results and profitability targets
- Lead on new business opportunities / pitches, overseeing the pitch process and securing new clients
- Shape and steer media relations strategies, maintaining longstanding relationships within the industry and assist with major issues and crisis management
- Proactively create new opportunities and confidently effect introductions to develop other areas of MHP business
- Help with the overall development of the team, resource planning, allocation, recruitment, staff welfare and performance issues; nurture the team, provide guidance and counsel to ensure team retention
- Be an ambassador for Brand + Reputation within MHP, Engine, client inter-agency teams and the wider industry
- With the MHP Brand + Reputation senior team, help grow the Practice and realise its ambitions
- The successful candidate will:
- Have an exceptionally strong record of working with marquee clients and delivering strategic counsel
- Apply strategic thinking / solutions to client challenges across the business, able to tailor ideas and pitches to different audiences and create routes to engagement that are relevant to the clients
- Grow existing clients by developing new and compelling strategies and campaigns that clients want to buy
- Have a proven track record of pitching new business, selling strategies and campaigns that demonstrate an understanding of a client’s objectives / challenges
- Inspire, lead and help nurture talent within MHP Brand + Reputation, instilling good practise
- Be connected within the comms industry that will be utilised to market the work coming out of MHP Brand + Reputation
- Consistently exceed client expectations in the development and delivery of client communications strategies for which you are responsible