Who we are
ENGINE Transformation (ET) creates, accelerates, designs and builds the future for our clients. We combine the creativity of an agency with the robustness of a consultancy and the technical agility of a start-up. Built on Research. Driven by Design. Fuelled by Data. Powered by Technology.
We transform organisations through a world class research, design, data and technology culture, delivering better digital and multichannel experiences. We combine depth of expertise with a breadth of experience, working across both public and private sector to deliver tangible outcomes in partnership with our clients, built on a philosophy of transparency, collaboration and agility.
Our services include strategy & innovation, market & customer research, change & delivery, service design, data driven transformation and solutions, technology strategy and data and software engineering.
We are proud to work for clients as diverse as Sky, Dominos, Santander, Holland & Barrett, BMW, Ministry of Justice, Department for International Trade, Defra and Home Office. We have offices in London, Manchester, Sydney & Melbourne.
We are a part of the ENGINE Group’s UK operations and form one of three business pillars, alongside our colleagues in Creative (advertising and marketing) and Communications (PR). In total, ENGINE UK has over 800 staff in our London and Manchester offices.
Find out more at: https://transformation.enginegroup.com/
Senior Data Engineer
Responsible for managing and mentoring a team of data engineers. Working to deliver data engineering on a range of complex research processes, working closely with researchers, projects managers and data scientists
We have offices and teams in both Manchester and London and are open to applications from people in both these areas.
- Pushing forward our thinking, processes and capability in the field of data management and engineering
- Constantly looking at new technologies and approaches that improve what we do
- Managing quality of own and teams’ outputs
- Planning and resourcing multiple projects simultaneously
- Delivering data engineering on a range of complex marketing and research processes
- Working with clients to understand needs, and best implement that with our available technology solutions
- Working with a range of data sources such as CRM, sales, research and HR data.
- Building Single Customer Views or CDPs or Data Warehouses/Data Lakes to merge disparate data sets for marketing or sales activation
- Building and configuring data ingestion methods from APIs, flat files, streaming, public data sources and survey data
- Expert with Python and a range of associated libraries for data processing and manipulation
- Experience with a range of database technologies including data lakes such as Azure SQL or SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Snowflake, MySQL, Cosmos DB or Mongo DB
- Experience of Databricks and Azure DevOps
- Built data warehouse or data lakes with SCVs or in conjunction with CDP platforms
- Experience of ELT/ETL tools such as SSIS, Informatica BDM and Talend would be beneficial
- Managing and motivating teams and individuals
- Understanding and application of statistical methods
- Ability to lead, and to work well as part of, a team using the agile methodology
- Optional: experience with any of the following; Spark, Hive, Athena, AWS Lambda
- Optional: experience of research and/or survey data
We like people who are:
- Enthusiastic about what they do, and a delight to work with
- Motivated and full of ideas
- Data and technology fanatics, who can show an interest in and understanding of recent trends and the benefits they could bring
- Passionate about working within data, digital and technology and with the drive and determination to continually improve
- Able to build successful relationships to establish credibility
Our culture is built on:
- Being one team; we work for and with each other with respect and positive intent; when the going is tough, we support not blame each other
- We aim high and are ambitious; we bring the energy and positivity
- We are curious and embrace new ideas and different perspectives, generous with our time and with each other
- We are not afraid to fail, we learn from our failures, turning them into our future successes
- We deliver quality in everything we do; we are open and honest with each other and our clients
Our benefits include:
- Holiday entitlement, 28 days with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Day off (on or in the week of) your birthday
- Pension eligibility, up to 5% matched contributions
- Healthcare eligibility, private healthcare with Vitality, option to buy discounted family cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym discounts
- Regular social events/activities
- Life Insurance
If this sounds like you please get in touch to discuss in more detail.