Who is ENGINE?
We are Engine. A new breed of creative communications company. We operate via a unique collaborative model that curates specialist teams around clients’ needs, providing them with the answers they need now. And the questions they should ask of the future.
We work with some of the largest and most admired brands in the world, including Sky, Disney, Unilever, Royal Navy, Warburton’s and Coca-Cola.
We’re proud of the accolades we have received in recognition of our work and in the last two years have won almost 100 top tier industry awards.
What is the role?
To concept, create and deliver the creative work for the agency from point of conception from a strategic brief to delivery of the finished work in market. Senior Creatives have the experience and ability to play a more client facing role on projects and occasionally lead projects where appropriate.
What do you do, day to day?
- Deliver outstanding and original creative ideas for any client sector, across any agency briefs.
- Display real experience and expertise executing those ideas in any individual medium, especially creating big, fame building organising ideas that can deliver 360 campaigns.
- Show a real talent for craft in your preferred skillset as well as a passion for craft in other skills. The kind of craft that only comes with long serving experience in the industry.
- Construct coherent stories to present and sell your ideas to the creative directors and wider agency teams bringing your concepts to life.
- Constantly bring surprising and original creative ideas fully formed and thought through that can be simply delivered to clients, without heavy editing and reworking by CDs.
- Help the agency build its revenue base by winning pitches for new clients, beating the best agencies in the industry to bring new clients in.
- Inspire and mentor the creatives around you, setting the bar of craft and delivery and inspiring others to raise theirs.
- Manage your time sensibly and productively to deliver, working on multiple projects with urgent deadlines.
- You’re capable and experienced in presenting and selling work to clients, constructing coherent narratives to the work that gets your projects over the line.
- Help support a client in making bold decisions to create better work that solves their concerns and meets their objectives.
- Show experience and knowledge of business operations of our clients, market conditions, audience segmentation and insight. Clearly able to discuss client's business problems and agency strategy.
- Work collaboratively with the quartet to deliver project work, pitch work collectively with less guidance than a non-senior creative team.
- ORIGINALITY, ORGINALITY, ORIGINALITY.
- You’re a weapon of mass destruction in the agency's firepower.
- Use creative talent and inspired lateral thinking to be a truly innovative creative through your work.
- You use your creativity to contribute to the fame and fortune of our clients, and thereby our own fame and fortune.
- Regularly deliver different and effective solutions to the creative brief, beating your peers to lead the work on a brief.
- You’re the go to creative/team that CDs, ECDs, CCO requests for any job.
- You’re the creative/team that quartets request for their briefs.
- You consistently deliver more than is expected.
What skills do you have?
- You’re a hybrid creator/maker. An exceptional all-rounder with a superpower - a clear lead talent for a core creative skill (e.g. writing, art direction, design, technology, comedy, social engagement etc.) but with proven talent, enthusiasm and interest in other skills.
- Having an ability in technology is essential, be it through your core skill (e.g. Design pro apps) or simply the ability to communicate with your peers in modern formats such as slack, zoom, google docs etc.
- You’re a storyteller through your chosen medium to sell your ideas: film editing/presentation layout and structure/scamping/mockups (no one size fits all here, but creatives must find your way of bringing your work to life through more than just words).
- You have developed a clear skill for presentation to agency/clients’ groups of any size/seniority, crafting your art of persuasion through experience, use of technology and good old-fashioned storytelling.
- Nice to have: Pro apps such as photoshop/InDesign/illustrator/finalcut/premierpro.
What kind of a person are you?
- You’re a future-fit collaborator, who will build strong relationships across ENGINE Creative at every level and discipline you interact with.
- You’re able to engage and collaborate with the wider agency departments, practices/pillars when working on larger projects.
- You understand the benefits of doing so and where it can help take your work.
- You have the emotional intelligence to work with others on joint efforts in creativity, paired up with design/tech/content thinkers to deliver new and inspiring types of work
- You display nascent leadership characteristics, steering project teams to solve problems through their work and thinking, inspiring more junior members of the team with their attitude and emotional intelligence.
- Proven experience working as a creative on projects for a creative agency.
We know our people are our superpower, so at ENGINE you can expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match, including free breakfast at the in-house cafe, gym discounts, contributory pension, cycle to work scheme and much more!
At ENGINE we believe in a culture of inclusivity, we celebrate difference and believe that diversity makes our business more relevant, our work more meaningful and our people more empowered. We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all and we're open to applications from all ethnicities, orientations, beliefs, gender identities + those with neurodiverse traits.
Find out more at: http://uk.enginegroup.com/