Engine Transformation (ET) creates, accelerates, designs, and builds the future for our clients. We combine the creativity of an agency with the robustness of a consultancy and the technical agility of a start-up. Built on Research. Driven by Design. Fuelled by Data. Powered by Technology.
We transform organisations to deliver better digital and multichannel experiences using world class research, design, data, and technology. With a great working culture, we combine depth of expertise with a breadth of experience. We lead tangible change by working closely with diverse clients, built on a philosophy combining transparency, collaboration, and agility.
We help clients with their strategy and to improve innovation, we have extensive market & customer research capability, lead organisational change, design new digital services, transform working using data and helping clients take on new technology. Many of our assignments involve development and delivery of bespoke data and software solutions.
We are proud to work for clients as diverse as Sky, Avon, Santander, Holland & Barrett, Lexus, Ministry of Justice, Department for International Trade, Defra, and Home Office. We have offices in London, Manchester, Sydney & Melbourne.
We are a part of the Engine Group’s UK operations and form one of three business pillars, alongside our colleagues in Creative (advertising and marketing) and Communications (PR). In total, Engine UK has over 800 staff in our London and Manchester offices.
Find out more at: https://transformation.enginegroup.com/
The Role: Senior Business Analyst
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join our team within our growing Change and Delivery practice.
You will be able to work across variety of projects in both the public and private sector. You will have at least 6 years’ work experience helping improve how a businesses or other organisation delivers for their customers, clients, and stakeholders. You'll be confident in “speaking digital” with both experts and novices to get your teeth into substantial analytical challenges.
- Key Responsibilities:
- You will gather, consolidate, and make sense of complex information to present it in a coherent, comprehensible, and comprehensive way that makes sense to both business and technical colleagues.
- You will lead the core design of solutions to problems using process, workflow, or digital techniques.
- You will find and refine the best ideas and solutions, helping the wider team members (such as researchers, service designers, content designers, software developers, and managers) to contribute their insights and perspectives.
- You will work with colleagues to outline what is needed to make them work
- You'll need to bring your own ideas, perspective, and recommendations to your work – from both your professional and life experience.
- Key Skills/Experiences:
- You will have around 6 years’ work experience – understanding problems and creating solutions.
- You will have led teams working to improve how a businesses or other organisation delivers for their customers, clients, and stakeholders.
- Experience of using and introducing Agile methods - working as a team-player in a collaborative, multidisciplinary environment.
- You'll be able to make sure business or organisation needs are clearly understood and captured. You’ll have experience using engaging ways to bring requirements to life so that stakeholders can collaborate in reviewing, innovating, and improving.
- Able to work with a diverse group of disciplines and perspectives and constructively manage disagreements, turning them into improved innovation including engaging with Service Designers to define optimum user journeys and process flows.
- Comfortable leading or facilitating workshops with clients and stakeholders and building consensus with the people you're working with.
- Be able to find the real roots and causes of a problem and work with the team to identify solutions.
- Work with technical architects and other colleagues to work out processes or workflow and information technology then later help test whether those ideas work.
- You’ll need to prepare to stand your ground on key issues but be able to find workable compromise with a focus on value and outcomes.
- Produce written documentation to support your work and keep track of what we've done. Report on your findings and present to stakeholders as required
- Able to lead practical process or organisation change and improvement
- Able to apply proven techniques such as BDD for user story writing, use of Epics and stories.
- Provide support or hands on help with for testing and QA activities.
- Be able to consider opportunities, potential risks and dependencies on other services
- You will be comfortable using data modelling techniques or be numerate to analyse findings and create proposals for optimisation.
- Fulfil the role of Scrum Master when required, facilitating Stand Ups, Sprint Planning, Show and Tell and Retrospectives.
- Additional skills (nice to have):
- Scrum Master certification or experience
- Data modelling
- Basic UX Design
- Workflow management
- Rules engine configuration
- Testing management
- Understanding of Public Sector working practices based around GDS
- We like people who are:
- Enthusiastic about what they do, and a delight to work with
- Motivated and full of ideas
- Data and technology fanatics, who can show an interest in and understanding of recent trends and the benefits they could bring
- Passionate about working within data, digital and technology and with the drive and determination to continually improve
- Able to build successful relationships to establish credibility
- Our culture is built on:
- Being one team; we work for and with each other with respect and positive intent; when the going is tough, we support not blame each other
- We aim high and are ambitious; we bring the energy and positivity
- We are curious and embrace new ideas and different perspectives, generous with our time and with each other
- We are not afraid to fail, we learn from our failures, turning them into our future successes
- We deliver quality in everything we do; we are open and honest with each other and our clients
- Our benefits include:
- Holiday entitlement, 28 days with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Day off (on or in the week of) your birthday
- Pension eligibility, up to 5% matched contributions
- Healthcare eligibility, private healthcare with Vitality, option to buy discounted family cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym discounts
- Regular social events/activities
- Life Insurance
If this sounds like you, please get in touch to discuss in more detail.