ENGINE Transformation (ET) creates, accelerates, designs and builds the future for our clients. We combine the creativity of an agency with the robustness of a consultancy and technical agility of a start-up. Built on Research. Driven by Design. Fuelled by Data. Powered by Technology.
We Transform organisations through a world class research, design, data and technology culture, delivering better digital and multichannel experiences. We combine depth of expertise with a breadth of experience, working across both public and private sector to delivery tangible outcomes in partnership with our clients, built on a philosophy of transparency, collaboration and agility.
Our services include strategy & innovation, market & customer research, change & delivery, service design, data driven transformation and solutions, technology strategy and data and software engineering.
We are proud to work for clients as diverse as Sky, Dominos, Santander, Holland & Barrett, BMW, Ministry of Justice, Department for International Trade, Defra and Home Office. We have offices in London, Manchester, Sydney & Melbourne.
We are part of ENGINE Group’s UK operations and form one of three business pillars, alongside our colleagues in Creative (advertising and marketing) and Communications (PR). In total, ENGINE UK has over 800 staff in our London and Manchester offices.
Find out more at: https://transformation.enginegroup.com/
Senior Business Analyst
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join our growing team.
- Undertake analysis of user needs for new services or changes using a range of methods.
- Engage with Service Designers to define optimum user journeys and process flows.
- Create User stories using BDD practices.
- Facilitate workshops and walkthroughs to help to optimise requirements and improve completeness and accuracy prior to development.
- Create engaging ways to bring requirements to life so that stakeholders can collaborate in reviewing, innovating and improving.
- Participate in user story reviews with developers and QA's.
- Work with Tech lead, Developers and Architects to create Epics and stories, and validate designs
- Assist in identifying dependencies on other services or parts of a project.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to support estimating activities.
- Facilitate the prioritisation of backlog items and preparation of stories for development.
- Provide support for testing and QA activities as required.
- Fulfil the role of Scrum Master when required, facilitating Stand Ups, Sprint Planning, Show and Tell and Retrospectives.
- Support continuous improvement of Business Analysis activities and act as a champion of good BA practice within our teams.
- Build and sustain effective stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to troubleshoot live service issues when required.
- 6 years’ experience as a Business Analyst working and leading on digital transformation projects in government, retail or consultancy
- Have worked in a senior Business Analysis position, leading teams in your field.
- Ability to apply BDD techniques to user story writing
- Workshop facilitation
- Business process design and optimisation
- You will be comfortable using data modelling techniques to analyse findings and create proposals for optimisation
- Ability to obtain consensus from key stakeholders, constantly keeping track of provenance against the evolving backdrop of agile projects
- Bring about significant improvements and measurable business benefits using business process changes
- Ability to work with technical architects and other colleagues to identify the processes and information technology and testing required to implement your recommendation. You’ll need to prepare to stand your ground on key issues but be able to find workable compromise with a focus on value and outcomes.
- Embrace and help introduce agile methods - be able to demonstrate experience of Agile tools and methods, working as a team-player in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Exhibit excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills and be able to rationalise complex information, spotting inconsistency and challenging misinterpretation. Be able to identify opportunities and potential risks attached to project requirements, sometimes leading on resolution to assure outcomes.
- Demonstrate a track record of high degree of attention to detail while working with uncertainty and have strong organisational skills, with the ability to work independently
- A passion for applying proven Business Analysis techniques with rigour
Additional skills (nice to have):
- Data modelling
- Basic UX Design
- Workflow management
- Rules engine configuration
- Testing management
- Understanding of Public Sector working practices based around GDS
We like people who are:
- Enthusiastic about what they do, and a delight to work with
- Motivated and full of ideas
- Data and technology fanatics, who can show an interest in and understanding of recent trends and the benefits they could bring
- Passionate about working within data, digital and technology and with the drive and determination to continually improve
- Able to build successful relationships to establish credibility
Our culture is built on:
- Being one team; we work for and with each other with respect and positive intent; when the going is tough, we support not blame each other
- We aim high and are ambitious; we bring the energy and positivity
- We are curious and embrace new ideas and different perspectives, generous with our time and with each other
- We are not afraid to fail, we learn from our failures, turning them into our future successes
- We deliver quality in everything we do; we are open and honest with each other and our clients
Our benefits include:
- Holiday entitlement, 28 days with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Day off (on or in the week of) your birthday
- Pension eligibility, up to 5% matched contributions
- Healthcare eligibility, private healthcare with Vitality, option to buy discounted family cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym discounts
- Regular social events/activities
- Life Insurance
If this sounds like you, please get in touch to discuss in more detail.