Engine Transformation (ET) creates, accelerates, designs and builds the future for our clients. We combine the creativity of an agency with the robustness of a consultancy and technical agility of a start-up. Built on Research. Driven by Design. Fuelled by Data. Powered by Technology.
We Transform organisations through a world class research, design, data and technology culture, delivering better digital and multichannel experiences. We combine depth of expertise with a breadth of experience, working across both public and private sector to delivery tangible outcomes in partnership with our clients, built on a philosophy of transparency, collaboration and agility.
Our services include strategy & innovation, market & customer research, change & delivery, service design, data driven transformation and solutions, technology strategy and data and software engineering.
We are proud to work for clients as diverse as Sky, Dominos, Santander, Holland & Barrett, BMW, Ministry of Justice, Department for International Trade, Defra and Home Office. We have offices in London, Manchester, Sydney & Melbourne.
We are part of Engine Group’s UK operations and form one of three business pillars, alongside our colleagues in Creative (advertising and marketing) and Communications (PR). In total, ENGINE UK has over 800 staff in our London and Manchester offices.
Find out more at: https://transformation.enginegroup.com/
The role, Senior Business Analyst
Joining our experienced and passionate technology team, you will work across a variety of projects in both the public and private sector. You will have worked previously in a Business Analyst role for over 5 years and be driven to get your teeth into fascinating analytical challenges and problem solving.
You should feel confident leading workshops for requirements elicitation and documenting user needs in a coherent, comprehensible and comprehensive way that makes sense to business and technical colleagues alike.
You will help the wider team members (including researchers, service designers, content designers, developers and delivery managers) to contribute their insights and perspectives to help create an end to end digital or other service response to complete a task or resolve a challenge.
You will be able to recommend changes to business processes, identify business improvements and develop technical solutions as part of a team.
You will be able to lead teams and will have a passion for working within an Agile environment and an instinct for balancing business and stakeholder needs with end-user needs.
You will be able to work with a diverse group of disciplines and perspectives, where needed constructively managing conflict.
- You will:
- Have at least 5 years’ experience as a Business Analyst working on digital transformation projects, a nice to have is expertise within public sector
- Have experience leading teams
- Drive the requirements elicitation process working with multiple stakeholders to understand, document and present business needs
- Use the most appropriate methods including interviews, contextual inquiry and some experience of formal research and modelling techniques like UML or BPMN
- Have experience creating epics and stories using BDD and working with software developers to deliver solutions
- Be confident with data modelling techniques to analyse findings and create proposals for optimisation
- Help obtain consensus from key stakeholders, constantly keeping track of provenance against the evolving backdrop of agile projects
- Recommend and be part of bringing about significant improvements and measurable business benefits using business process changes
- Work with technical architects, UX and other colleagues to identify the processes and information technology and testing required to implement your recommendations.
- Embrace and help introduce agile methods and be able to demonstrate experience of Agile tools and methods, working as a team-player in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Exhibit strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills and be able to rationalise complex information
- Be able to consider opportunities and potential risks attached to project requirements
- Demonstrate a high degree of attention to detail and have strong organisational skills, with some experience of working independently
- You may have:
- A BCS diploma in Business Analysis or similar
- A Scrum Master certification or experience working as a Scrum Master
- Understanding of the working practices based around Government Digital Services (GDS)
- Experience working with rules engine configuration
- Experience working in testing management
- We like people who are:
- Enthusiastic about what they do, and a delight to work with
- Motivated and full of ideas
- Data and technology fanatics, who can show an interest in and understanding of recent trends and the benefits they could bring
- Passionate about working within data, digital and technology and with the drive and determination to continually improve
- Able to build successful relationships to establish credibility
- Our culture is built on:
- Being one team; we work for and with each other with respect and positive intent; when the going is tough, we support not blame each other
- We aim high and are ambitious; we bring the energy and positivity
- We are curious and embrace new ideas and different perspectives, generous with our time and with each other
- We are not afraid to fail, we learn from our failures, turning them into our future successes
- We deliver quality in everything we do; we are open and honest with each other and our clients
- Our benefits include:
- Holiday entitlement, 28 days with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Day off (on or in the week of) your birthday
- Pension eligibility, up to 5% matched contributions
- Healthcare eligibility, private healthcare with Vitality, option to buy discounted family cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym discounts
- Regular social events/activities
- Life Insurance
If this sounds like you please get in touch to discuss in more detail.