Who we are
Engine Transformation (ET) creates, accelerates, designs and builds the future for our clients. We combine the creativity of an agency with the robustness of a consultancy and the technical agility of a start-up. Built on Research. Driven by Design. Fuelled by Data. Powered by Technology.
We Transform organisations through a world class research, design, data and technology culture, delivering better digital and multichannel experiences. We combine depth of expertise with a breadth of experience, working across both public and private sector to deliver tangible outcomes in partnership with our clients, built on a philosophy of transparency, collaboration and agility.
Our services include strategy & innovation, market & customer research, change & delivery, service design, data driven transformation and solutions, technology strategy and data and software engineering.
We are proud to work for clients as diverse as, Avon, Toyota, Honda, Hammersons, Ministry of Justice, Department for Education, HMRC, GDS and the Home Office. We have offices in London, Manchester, Sydney & Melbourne
We are a part of the Engine Group’s UK operations and form one of three business pillars, alongside our colleagues in Creative (advertising and marketing) and Communications (PR). In total, Engine UK has over 800 staff in our London and Manchester offices.
Find out more at: https://transformation.enginegroup.com/
The role for an Agile Delivery Manager
This is an opportunity for you to join our team at Engine Transformation as an Agile Delivery Manager, a role where you will support our Director in responding to tenders and winning projects, then lead on the delivery of those programmes of work. As a member of our Delivery and Business Change team, you will be responsible for the successful delivery or implementation and accountable for the quality of both the project and the ongoing account relationship. Projects will vary across our different industry areas: retail, financial services, health – with an expectation that there will be extensive opportunities to lead on our projects within the public sector.
- Responsible: Project Delivery
- Within the project you will have an active project role alongside overall Delivery Manager.
- We delivery a variety of projects but the centre on solving client problems using solutions and platforms from idea to launch.
- As Delivery Manager your role will be to lead the successful delivery of the project, including:
- Set up – working with resourcing to build and mobilise a team with the right skills and experience to do the job. Judging what is needed to establish the right culture.
- Initiation – kicking off the project with the client and team, establishing the right foundations for a successful agile delivery, ensuring everyone has the right level of clarity on expectations, objections and outcomes from the start.
- Leading Project Delivery – setting direction and team culture, and ensuring that we then deliver the right things with quality and
- Project Reporting – reporting of progress, updates, issues etc both internally to Engine Transformation and externally with the client
- Accountable: Quality & Client Relationship
- Overall accountability for the long-term client relationship sits with the Director. However, for the duration and scope of your project you will have accountability for:
- Ensuring quality in our delivery and high production values in our output
- Managing day to day client relationships and communications
- Building our reputation within the client based on exceptional delivery
- Ensuring at the end of the project the client is positive about Engine Transformation – willing to recommend or reference our work
- Skills and experience:
- Experience of agile project delivery, having set up and run projects previously as a Delivery Manager, Scrum Master and/or Product Owner
- Employing approaches and methods to integrate/scaling the agile delivery into a wider portfolio of other agile projects and programme framework
- Experience of working on client facing technology projects
- Experience of digital delivery
- Experience working across both public and private sectors would be advantageous
- Experience of helping clients to establishing great team cultures
- Experience of establishing great team cultures
- Comfortable working directly with clients and managing projects independently
- Strong analytical skills and rigorous approach to challenges and choices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, calm under pressure and emotionally resilient
- Strong presentation, writing, communication and analytical skills
- An entrepreneurial and flexible ‘can-do’ attitude with a curious and inquisitive approach to work
- We like people who are:
- Enthusiastic about what they do, and a delight to work with
- Motivated and full of ideas
- Data and technology fanatics, who can show an interest in and understanding of recent trends and the benefits they could bring
- Passionate about working within data, digital and technology and with the drive and determination to continually improve
- Able to build successful relationships to establish credibility
- Our culture is built on:
- Being one team; we work for and with each other with respect and positive intent; when the going is tough, we support not blame each other
- We aim high and are ambitious; we bring the energy and positivity
- We are curious and embrace new ideas and different perspectives, generous with our time and with each other
- We are not afraid to fail, we learn from our failures, turning them into our future successes
- We deliver quality in everything we do; we are open and honest with each other and our clients
- Our benefits include:
- Holiday entitlement, 28 days with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Day off (on or in the week of) your birthday
- Pension eligibility, up to 5% matched contributions
- Healthcare eligibility, private healthcare with Vitality, option to buy discounted family cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym discounts
- Regular social events/activities
- Life Insurance
If this sounds like you please get in touch to discuss in more detail.