MHP Mischief is a unique combination of two market-leading brands. Together, we are greater than the sum of our parts.
We are a collection of 200 communications specialists, blending behavioural science, influencer strategy, creativity, audience insight and industry expertise.
MHP helps clients navigate the volatile, activist and tribal Networked Age. Mischief is engineered to win in the Attention Rebellion era.
Our specialist areas include consumer comms, corporate reputation, crisis management, capital markets, public affairs, health and financial services.
We represent some of the most-loved, most-trusted and most intensely scrutinised brands in the country, including AstraZeneca, Coinbase, Huawei, Innocent, JustEat, Lego, Restaurant Group, Marshmallow and Sky.
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Account Executive or Account Manager to join our Brand & Reputation team.
This person will be experienced in being part of campaigns which give national profile to organisations, in a way that positively impacts perceptions among corporate and/or consumer audiences.
We’re less concerned about where the candidate has gained their experience (although a top London or major regional PR agency would be ideal), or which sectors their clients have been in. We’re most concerned that they bring a sense of tenacity, enthusiasm, curiosity and fun to their work. We want someone who is hungry for success and who loves being part of a team.
Our ideal candidate is/has:
- A strong and established Senior Account Executive ready for promotion to Account Manager or who needs another six months of experience
- Experience with large consumer or corporate brands is desirable, although we’re open to where they got this experience i.e. could be at a large-scale agency or somewhere smaller / more boutique
- Demonstrates ability to run day to day accounts; supporting client leads when it comes to client reporting, contact and counsel
- A media hound: tenacious and passionate about picking up the phone, schmoozing journalists and securing great coverage
- Highly organised: this person will be relied upon to help ensure MHP Mischief accounts are run effectively and efficiently
- A strong writer: skilled at writing press releases, comment pieces, media pitches as well as assisting with client and new business proposals
- A team player: great interpersonal skills, and someone who brings a sense of fun to their work
- Great time management and ability to multi-task, managing upwards as well as more junior team members
- A stickler for detail; someone who doesn’t miss an opportunity to correct grammar or spelling
- A passion for news, culture and current affairs
- Experience of and passion for working with influencers and on activations across social media channels would be desirable
Main roles and responsibilities
- Planning and leading sell-ins to media and identify key opportunities for clients, plus support managers in reactive outreach
- Building relationships with key journalists and bloggers
- Identifying, securing and managing influencers for social media activity
- Writing press releases, media pitches and media comment
- Leading on day-to-day account co-ordination, including being quality control for status reports, action planners and meeting contact reports before they go to managers
- Client contact: building relationships with clients and supporting managers on giving counsel and providing information when requested
- Being the eyes and ears for clients; being hungry for opportunities and helping us demonstrate added value
- Assisting senior colleagues in fulfilling their responsibilities to keep accounts on track and within budget, including liaising with and managing some supplier relationships
- Assisting with new business pitches and playing an active role in business development including participating in pitches themselves, research and proposal writing
- Being a key part of the MHP team supporting at marketing and internal events
What we offer
You can expect a friendly and dynamic working environment and an office space in the heart of the buzzing West End. Our goal is to ensure that your career here with us is fulfilling and that you're learning every step of the way on your journey through our agency. We have an online learning platform that hosts a variety of content and allows you to map your career out with all the training available to you (both online and f2f).
We have superb benefits to match including: 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays), vitality private medical insurance, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work & much more.
We also have a dedicated Well-being team along with a Representation, Diversity & Inclusion task force to make sure we look after all our employees so that everyone can bring their true whole self to work.
About MHP Mischief
MHP Mischief is a unique combination of two market-leading brands, with 200 communications specialists and an approach that blends behavioural science, media and influencer strategy, creativity, audience insight and industry expertise.
We help clients navigate a volatile, activist, tribal and information-saturated landscape we call The Networked Age.
Our specialist areas include consumer comms, corporate reputation, crisis management, capital markets, public affairs, health, financial services and studio production.
Our work for the NHS is PR Week’s “Campaign of the Decade”, we are two-time winners of The Creative Shootout and we were the most-awarded agency at the 2021 PR Week Awards.
We are UK Agency of the Year (PRovoke), Corporate & Financial Agency of the Year (PR Week) & Health Team of the Year (PR Week).