About MHP + Mischief
MHP + Mischief is a unique combination of two market-leading brands. Together, we are greater than the sum of our parts.
We are a collection of 200 communications specialists, blending behavioural science, industry expertise, influencer strategy, creativity and audience insight.
MHP helps clients navigate the volatile, activist and tribal landscape we call The Networked Age. Mischief helps brands earn attention by playing with the norm and working at the speed of life.
Our specialist areas include consumer comms, corporate reputation, brand strategy, crisis and issues management, capital markets, public affairs, health and financial services.
We represent some of the most-loved, most-trusted and most intensely scrutinised brands in the country, including Asda, AstraZeneca, Coca Cola, JD Sports, Nationwide, The Restaurant Group, Revolut, RSPCA, TUI, and Vodafone.
We are PR Moment Agency of the Year and two of the most-awarded teams in the industry. Our work for the NHS is PR Week’s “Campaign of the Decade” and we are two-time winners of The Creative Shootout.
About the role
We are looking for an outstanding consumer Senior Account Manager or Account Director to join our Brand & Reputation team.
This person will be experienced in being part of campaigns which give national profile to organisations, in a way that positively impacts perceptions among consumer and/or corporate audiences. They’ll also be used to being involved in busy press offices, securing a drumbeat of coverage to keep their clients front of mind.
We’re less concerned about where the candidate has gained their experience (although a top London or major regional PR agency would be ideal), or which sectors their clients have been in. We’re most concerned that they bring a sense of tenacity, enthusiasm, curiosity and fun to their work. We want someone who is hungry for success and who loves being part of a team. For this role we’re also looking for someone that has strong media skills, and for whom securing coverage is second nature.
Our ideal candidate is/has
- At least five years’ PR experience
- Extensive experience with consumer-facing brands (household name brands if possible)
- The ability to lead day to day accounts, with minimal senior input, overseeing teams delivering project and retainer work
- The ability to counsel client contacts – from PR Managers to CEOs – with confidence, calmness and clarity
- A media hound: someone who brings with them an impressive list of media and influencer contacts and is not afraid to lead from the front when it comes to sell-ins and media relations
- Digital expertise: with experience in managing social media executions and working with social media influencers
- Highly organised: this person will be relied upon to manage Account Managers and Account Executives in ensuring MHP accounts are run effectively and efficiently
- A strong writer: skilled at writing client activity proposals, monthly review presentations, opinion pieces and new business proposals
- Brave thinking: someone who’s not afraid to try something new
- A passion for measurement: always looking for ways to prove the value of our work and the tangible difference it makes to our clients’ businesses
- A team player: great interpersonal skills, and someone who brings a sense of fun to their work
- Great time management and ability to multi-task, managing upwards as well as their junior team members
- A stickler for detail; someone who doesn’t miss an opportunity to correct grammar or spelling
- A passion for news, culture and current affairs
- Someone who lives the MHP values: ever curious, ambitious, entrepreneurial and respectful
Main roles and responsibilities
- Planning and leading delivery of client campaigns
- Direct, advise and manage junior colleagues with the delivery of client programmes
- Overseeing influencer marketing and other social media extensions of campaigns
- Developing client campaign proposals and presentations
- Providing client counsel on dealing with proactive and reactive media opportunities
- Managing AMs and AEs on media sell-ins to media to secure high-profile coverage
- Building relationships with key journalists and bloggers
- Overseeing quality of the team’s written output: press releases, media comment, opinion pieces etc
- Ensuring we deploy best-in-class measurement techniques to demonstrate the value of our work
- Using of research and planning tools, and understands how to find, analyse and apply insight to inform planning
- Client contact: building relationships with senior client contacts
- Spotting and responding to opportunities for organic growth
- Overseeing creation of monthly meeting presentations and leading contributions at inter-agency team meetings
- Overseeing client budget trackers - ensuring all POs, invoices and budget reconciliations etc are up to date
- Participate in and, where appropriate, lead new business activities, including networking for leads
- Being part of the B&R practice senior team – owning areas of activity including marketing, training and team resource
- Being a key part of the wider MHP agency team supporting at marketing and internal events
What we offer
You can expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match, including: 28 days holiday, private medical, gym discounts, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and much more!
Our unique structure and culture has meant we’ve featured in The Sunday Times’ Best Company To Work For Top 100 list eight years in a row too.