Mischief helps brands earn attention by playing with the norm and working at the speed of life.
We represent some of the most-loved, most-trusted and most intensely scrutinised brands in the country, including Asda, Coca Cola, The LEGO Group, Seven Dials, E.ON, Huawei, Unilever, LVMH and Just Eat.
We are one of the most-awarded teams in the industry including being two-time winners of The Creative Shootout. Culture is at the heart of our business and we seek to instil hunger and curiosity as core behaviours at all levels of the business.
We’re looking for someone who has an entrepreneurial mindset, a tonne of hustle and exceptional client handling and counsel expertise. We want someone who helps grow the agency and helps lead Mischief into its next successful era.
The qualities the individual will need are listed below but can also be summarised in one word: opportunity. The opportunity to help take the agency into its next phase and be central to a thriving agency, and be awarded for your accomplishments.
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join our award-winning agency as a Senior Account Executive.
The client portfolio is subject to change but may include a retail and dining destination, a leading energy supplier and a bestselling beauty brand.
- Key responsibilities:
- Best in class media relations expertise - ability to deliver stand out coverage as well as proactively identify key coverage opportunities for clients
- Writing first drafts of press releases, media pitches and media lists
- Day-to-day account organisation coordination, including completing status reports, action planners, collating coverage and drafting meeting contact reports
- Building relationships with key journalists
- Identifying, securing and managing influencers for social media activity
- Assisting senior colleagues in fulfilling their responsibilities to keep accounts on track and within budget
- Impeccable time management skills
- Desk research to support new business and client growth opportunities
- Ability to work at speed under tight time constraints
- Understanding of social media formats and the ability to create and post engaging content for clients
- The successful candidate will have:
- Experience with consumer-facing brands (household name brands if possible)
- A ‘media hound’: tenacious and passionate about picking up the phone, schmoozing journalists and securing great coverage
- Experience working with influencers and on activations across social media channels
- Highly organised: this person will be relied upon to provide the administrative backbone to key Mischief accounts
- A strong writer: skilled at writing first drafts of press releases and media pitches
- A team player: great interpersonal skills, and someone who brings a sense of fun and personality to their work
- Great time management and ability to multitask
- Someone who lives the Mischief values: ever curious, ambitious, entrepreneurial and attention seeking for themselves and clients
What we offer
You can expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match, including: 28 days holiday, private medical, gym discounts, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and much more!
Our unique structure and culture has meant we’ve featured in The Sunday Times’ Best Company To Work For Top 100 list eight years in a row too.
About MHP + Mischief
MHP + Mischief is a unique combination of two market-leading brands. Together, we are greater than the sum of our parts.
We are a collection of 200 communications specialists, blending behavioural science, industry expertise, influencer strategy, creativity and audience insight.
MHP helps clients navigate the volatile, activist and tribal landscape we call The Networked Age. Mischief helps brands earn attention by playing with the norm and working at the speed of life.
Our specialist areas include consumer comms, corporate reputation, brand strategy, crisis and issues management, capital markets, public affairs, health and financial services.
We represent some of the most-loved, most-trusted and most intensely scrutinised brands in the country, including Asda, AstraZeneca, Coca Cola, JD Sports, Nationwide, The Restaurant Group, Revolut, RSPCA, TUI, and Vodafone.
We are PR Moment Agency of the Year and two of the most-awarded teams in the industry. Our work for the NHS is PR Week’s “Campaign of the Decade” and we are two-time winners of The Creative Shootout.