Engine Transformation (ET) creates, accelerates, designs, and builds the future for our clients. We combine the creativity of an agency with the robustness of a consultancy and the technical agility of a start-up. Built on Research. Driven by Design. Fuelled by Data. Powered by Technology.
We Transform organisations through a world class research, design, data, and technology culture, delivering better digital and multichannel experiences. We combine depth of expertise with a breadth of experience, working across both public and private sector to deliver tangible outcomes in partnership with our clients, built on a philosophy of transparency, collaboration, and agility.
Our services include strategy & innovation, market & customer research, change & delivery, service design, data driven transformation and solutions, technology strategy and data and software engineering
We are proud to work for clients as diverse as Sky, Avon, Santander, Holland & Barrett, Lexus, Ministry of Justice, Department for International Trade, Defra, and Home Office. We have offices in London, Manchester, Sydney & Melbourne.
We are a part of the Engine Group’s UK operations and form one of three business pillars, alongside our colleagues in Creative (advertising and marketing) and Communications (PR). In total, Engine UK has over 800 staff in our London and Manchester offices.
Find out more at: https://transformation.enginegroup.com/
We are looking for people who are obsessed with understanding the world through a data lens, passionate about creating business value through digital analytics. In the last 12 months Engine Transformation has:
- Enabled the Royal Air Force become the most diverse in history, supporting their challenging recruitment targets with reduced media budgets through personalised advertising and content
- Built a dashboard showing vaccine hesitancy globally to support getting the world vaccinated which was presented to the G7 leaders and World Health Organisation
- Improving the recruitment of teachers for the Department of Education
- Used advanced analytics to predict who will buy a car, be dissatisfied with their takeaway, which junior doctors will complete their training and many more business changing outcomes
The Reporting Analyst works across a range of Engine clients to deliver value adding reports, dashboards and insights, using a variety of data sources and tools.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Developing and maintaining end to end reporting and BI processes for a number of clients.
- Develop reporting frameworks and key metric / KPI definition. Establishing what’s important to measure and tracking for a clients.
- Gather requirements from client teams and work closely with the development and operations team to translate & deliver these requirements into actionable dashboards and reports
- Turning complex data into easily understood, actionable insight and value based business recommendations
- Working with and manipulate very large database tables using SQL to build reporting structures and custom variables and measures.
- Ability to work independently across multiple client projects, meeting client expectations and delivering reporting on a schedule.
- Excellent organisational skills managing a busy reporting schedule and superb attention to detail.
- Visualisation tools, Tableau / Power BI
- Advanced Microsoft Excel reporting (Including pivot tables, linked data sources, macros and complex formulas)
- Good understanding of Relational Databases and able to develop SQL queries to build backend reporting tables.
- Understanding of ETL processes
- Python / R coding skills
- Microsoft Azure Reporting
- We like people who are:
- Enthusiastic about what they do, and a delight to work with
- Motivated and full of ideas
- Data and technology fanatics, who can show an interest in and understanding of recent trends and the benefits they could bring
- Passionate about working within data, digital and technology and with the drive and determination to continually improve
- Able to build successful relationships to establish credibility
- Our culture is built on:
- Being one team; we work for and with each other with respect and positive intent; when the going is tough, we support not blame each other
- We aim high and are ambitious; we bring the energy and positivity
- We are curious and embrace new ideas and different perspectives, generous with our time and with each other
- We are not afraid to fail, we learn from our failures, turning them into our future successes
- We deliver quality in everything we do; we are open and honest with each other and our clients
- Our benefits include:
- Holiday entitlement, 28 days with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Day off (on or in the week of) your birthday
- Pension eligibility, up to 5% matched contributions
- Healthcare eligibility, private healthcare with Vitality, option to buy discounted family cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym discounts
- Regular social events/activities
- Life Insurance
If this sounds like you, please get in touch to discuss in more detail.