Who are Engine?
We are Engine. A new breed of creative communications company. We operate via a unique collaborative model that curates specialist teams around clients’ needs, providing them with the answers they need now. And the questions they should ask of the future.
We work with some of the largest and most admired brands in the world, including Sky, Disney, Unilever, Royal Navy, Warburtons and Coca-Cola.
We’re proud of the accolades we have received in recognition of our work and in the last two years have won almost 100 top tier industry awards.
Your role and team
We are looking for an enthusiastic People Coordinator, to work closely with the Head of People and People Advisor in the application of People Policies and Practices, to minimise risk to the business. You will have a focus on one of our business areas, but have the opportunity to get involved in business wide People projects as part of the central Engine People Team.
What are the responsibilities?
- Build HR knowledge to be able to advise employees/partners appropriately
- Manage and take the lead on various employee life cycle events, including but not limited to:
- Staff Benefits: being the expert in using the HR information system and the online benefits portal. Be first point of contact for all queries and have a solution-based approach to any issues that may arise
- Probation periods: Liaising with line manager to ensure correct process is followed and any issues are flagged. Ensuring all identified training needs are logged and processed correctly
- Leavers: proactively liaising with and confirming to Head of People, line manager and individual around leaving arrangements, as quickly as possible after resignation
- Exit Interviews: hold Exit Interviews for all mid/junior staff and update quarterly reports accordingly, flagging any issues to Head of People
- Parental leave: advise employees / partners of their entitlement and the support MHP offers
- Lead and manage the new joiner process to ensure every new joiner has a professional, seamless first interaction with the People Team and their introduction to Engine, including, but not limited to:
- Delivering a new joiner Induction and experience that reflects Engine’s professionalism
- Take ownership and responsibility for the intern programme and work experience candidates from an People Team perspective, including, but not limited to:
- Working with the Intern team to ensure the Intern programme is successful
- Provide HR Induction, advice and support to all interns
- Understand the importance of data and metrics in developing and delivering impactful People solutions and strategies:
- Ensure that all data is accurate and up-to-date on HR System (AX Dynamics)
- Take ownership of reporting and metrics for your area of the business
- Seek to spot trends and anomalies that help to define where our the People team focus need to be directed
- Ensure all Payroll data is correctly submitted in a timely fashion
- Build relationships across Engine, ideas and best practise are shared with colleagues and support is offered where possible
Work with the Learning & Development Manager in scheduling of Learning sessions & logistics
- Lead with management and running of any Engine training and Ad-hoc company-wide initiatives, which will include, but is not limited to:
- Monitoring responses, sending reminders to trainers and attendees ahead of sessions and flagging any concerns
- Create attendee sign in sheets, being aware of attendees and ensuring non-attendees are recorded and are invited to future sessions
- Manage all logistics of training sessions: confirming with external suppliers, room bookings, attendance lists, filming set up and catering
- To work closely with the other Engine People Coordinators, the wider People Team and the central functions to provide integrated and consistent delivery of support across Engine
- Ad-Hoc Engine Projects as required
- Play an active role in the central Engine People Team and provide support and ad hoc assistance, either during quiet periods, annual leave cover etc.
- Continue to have an up-to-date understanding of Engine processes and adhere to Engine standards
- Attend and actively contribute to all Engine People Team meetings
- Ensure all necessary data is provided in a timely and professional manner to the relevant Engine departments, in particular Payroll
Who you are
- You have experience of working in a fast paced, professional role with some exposure to and understanding of HR.
- You have exceptional customer service skills/experience is essential, and always strive to deliver great results.
- You are flexible and can adapt your personal communication style to a wide variety of senior stakeholders
- You have excellent attention to detail and can spot an issue a mile off!
- You are proactive and use your initiative. You are able to self-manage your time and tasks, but know when to escalate when necessary
- You love getting stuck in and supporting the team with a wide range of tasks that sometimes may fall outside of your job spec
- You are comfortable dealing with extremely confidential information and exercising discretion at all times
- You have a good knowledge of MS Office Package, particularly Excel data manipulation and Word mail merge.
- You have an understanding and awareness of relevant HR legislation
We know our people are our superpower, so at Engine you can expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match, including free breakfast at the in-house cafe, gym discounts, contributory pension, cycle to work scheme and much more!
At ENGINE we believe in a culture of inclusivity, we celebrate difference and believe that diversity makes our business more relevant, our work more meaningful and our people more empowered. We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all and we're open to applications from all ethnicities, orientations, beliefs, gender identities + those with neurodiverse traits and disabilities.
Find out more at: http://uk.enginegroup.com/