Who is ENGINE?
We are Engine. A new breed of creative communications company. We operate via a unique collaborative model that curates specialist teams around clients’ needs, providing them with the answers they need now. And the questions they should ask of the future.
We work with some of the largest and most admired brands in the world, including Sky, Disney, Unilever, Royal Navy, Warburton’s, and Coca-Cola.
We’re proud of the accolades we have received in recognition of our work and in the last two years have won almost 100 top-tier industry awards.
What is the role?
As ENGINE Creative’s Head of New Business and Marketing, you will be tasked with generating new business demand for ENGINE Creative’s range of services and products through a selection of tools; as well as define, maintain, and build a consultative rapport with ENGINE Creative’s target list of clients. You will present ENGINE Creative’s credentials to clients, manage in-bound leads, and run PR events when required.
You will be responsible for ENGINE Creative’s marketing and communications strategies as well as overall branding and image.
What do you do, day to day?
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- You will be accountable for generating new income and revenue for ENGINE Creative Pillar. You will work closely with department heads to set targets, and you will be expected to achieve agreed new business revenue targets that align with ENGINE Creative’s leadership goals.
- Your role will require you to develop strong relationships with the industry press and other relevant journalists and publications
- You will develop strong relationships with industry intermediaries, leading to ENGINE Creative’s being amongst their preferred agencies for shortlist selection.
- You’ll manage the lead generation marketing and new business team, developing and supporting the talent within your team, guiding the day-to-day activities of the marketing team, provide tools and materials to enable the new business team to function effectively
- You will oversee new business and marketing budgets, and track ENGINE new business wins, and review performance; conversion rate, and costs.
- You will build significant relationships with internal stakeholders, and communicate effectively across the business
- As a New business director, you will be expected to find new and exciting ways to engage and convert new clients, and constantly look for ways to improve the New Business and Marketing functions by being proactive in suggesting and scoping changes.
- You will work closely with ENGINE Creative’s CEO to plan, coordinate and implement new business initiatives, that will include expanding into new markets and service areas
- You will be responsible for providing the wider leadership team with market feedback regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generating product /service development ideas.
- You will have an overview and report on all ENGINE marketing activities, and ensure that the marketing strategy aligns with new business objectives. You will report on effectiveness using predetermined KPIs, and identify where ENGINE can optimize activities for maximum ROI.
- You will manage each stage of the new business process, primarily RFI/RFP (request for information/ proposal) response and pitch execution; support lead generation and related activities.
- You will oversee new business performance standards ensuring all processes are upheld and that these standards are maintained by all who participate in the client acquisition process
- You will represent as ENGINE creative first point of contact for prospective clients; understanding their needs and objectives and presenting this to the senior team.
- You will be expected to understand ENGINE creative offerings and capabilities in great detail, including case studies, skills, and current resources to attract new prospective clients
What kind of a person are you?
- You’re an individual who thinks strategically by developing clear and consistent strategies to achieve company led visions
- You inspire creativity and innovation and takes calculated risks and manages them intelligently
- You drive measurable results and use metrics to assess business performance
- You proactively attract, source, and retains a diverse range of talented people, and develop an inclusive team culture
- You exhibit professional excellence that reflects in your leadership and communication style.
- You will have excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Your proven values will align with ENGINE Creative values
- You’re an energetic and fun director, who knows how to build meaningful relationships and engage internal and external stakeholders
- You’re an effective communicator, with the ability to deliver pitches and presentations to all types of audiences
- You’re a huge advocate of driving positive change, constantly challenging the business, to enhance new business growth opportunities.
What experience and skills do you have?
- You will have significant proven experience as a New Business and Marketing professional, preferably from within digital marketing, creative or advertising
- The New Business Director will have a clear understanding and proven experience of the “Challenger Sales Methodology” and lead generation tools.
- You will be experienced in coaching and mentoring junior team members in both New Business Development and Marketing capabilities.
- You will have outstanding interpersonal and people management skills: able to lead, motivate and inspire.
- You will have the experience or a desire to operate as a strategic head in the business. Exceptional consulting and client management skills.
- You’ll be a combined marketing and new business expert, with a vast amount of experience in either: Customer Experience, Integrated Advertising, Content Marketing, and/or Emerging Technology is desirable.
- The successful candidate will have excellent negotiation skills, and a proven track record of successfully pitching for new business and in increasing revenue through generation of leads, from global blue-chip clients with £2M+ marketing spend
- You will be able to prove how you have previously designed and implemented new business and marketing strategies that have directly led to new client acquisition and revenue growth
- You will be expected to display a creative approach to problem-solving which includes; people management, client acquisition, and marketing
We know our people are our superpower, so at ENGINE you can expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match, including free breakfast at the in-house cafe, gym discounts, contributory pension, cycle to work scheme and much more!
At ENGINE we believe in a culture of inclusivity, we celebrate difference, and believe that diversity makes our business more relevant, our work more meaningful and our people more empowered. We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all and we're open to applications from all ethnicities, orientations, beliefs, gender identities + those with neurodiverse traits.
If you’re interested in adding to our skills and culture here at ENGINE, but this role isn’t quite right for you, please email email@example.com detailing what type of roles you’re interested in, along with your CV so we can get in touch for future opportunities.
Find out more at: http://uk.enginegroup.com/