Who is ENGINE?
We are Engine. A new breed of creative communications company. We operate via a unique collaborative model that curates specialist teams around clients’ needs, providing them with the answers they need now. And the questions they should ask of the future.We work with some of the largest and most admired brands in the world, including Sky, Disney, Unilever, Royal Navy, Warburton’s and Coca-Cola. We’re proud of the accolades we have received in recognition of our work and in the last two years have won almost 100 top tier industry awards.
What is the role?
To concept, create and deliver the creative work for the agency from point of conception from a strategic brief to delivery of the finished work in market.
What do you do, day to day?
- Deliver outstanding and original creative ideas for any client sector, across any agency brief.
- Able to execute in any individual medium as well as creating powerful organising ideas that can deliver 360 campaigns.
- Construct coherent stories to present and sell your ideas to the creative directors and wider agency teams bringing your concepts to life.
- Constantly bring surprising and original creative ideas to the table that can be directed and moulded into workable solutions by CDs.
- Manage your time sensibly and productively to deliver, working on multiple projects with urgent deadlines.
- When needed, you are able to present to clients, explaining your creative idea simply and coherently.
- Discuss concerns a client might have by listening and comprehending the client's POV.
- Understand your client's business and how commercial objectives have been translated into agency strategy.
- Work collaboratively as a team with the wider departments when presenting to clients.
- ORIGINALITY, ORGINALITY, ORIGINALITY.
- You’re the spark that lights the agency's creative firepower.
- Use creative talent and inspiring lateral thinking to be a truly innovative industry creative through your work.
- You use your creativity to contribute to the fame and fortune of our clients, and thereby our own fame and fortune.
- Constantly seek to achieve different and effective solutions to the creative brief, beating your peers to lead the work on a brief.
- Constantly impress CDs and ECD with their exceptional creative thinking.
- Consistently deliver more than is expected.
What skills do you have?
- You’re a hybrid creator/maker. An exceptional all-rounder with a superpower - a clear lead talent for a core creative skill (e.g. writing, art direction, design, technology, comedy, social engagement etc.) but with an instinct for, enthusiasm and interest in other skills.
- Having an ability in technology is essential, be it through your core skill (e.g. Design pro apps) or simply the ability to communicate with your peers in modern formats such as slack, zoom, google docs etc.
- You’re a storyteller through your chosen medium to sell your ideas: film editing/presentation layout and structure/scamping/mockups (no one size fits all here, but you must find your way of bringing your work to life through more than words).
- Nice to have: Pro apps such as photoshop/indesign/illustrator/finalcut/premierpro
What kind of a person are you?
- You engage and collaborate with the wider agency departments when working on projects.
- You understand the benefits of doing so and where it can help take your work.
- You have the emotional intelligence to work with others on joint efforts in creativity, paired up with design/tech/content thinker to deliver new and inspiring types of work.
- Placement scheme in a creative agency is a nice to have.
We know our people are our superpower, so at ENGINE you can expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match, including free breakfast at the in-house cafe, gym discounts, contributory pension, cycle to work scheme and much more!
At ENGINE we believe in a culture of inclusivity, we celebrate difference and believe that diversity makes our business more relevant, our work more meaningful and our people more empowered. We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all and we're open to applications from all ethnicities, orientations, beliefs, gender identities + those with neurodiverse traits.
Find out more at: http://uk.enginegroup.com/