MHP is a strategic communications agency built for the networked age, applying the new rules of influence to solve complex problems.
With 170 staff, we provide deep expertise in brand, financial, corporate, health and public affairs – reflected in the fact that 200 organisations put their trust in MHP, including American Express, BNP Paribas, Kimberly-Clark, Nationwide, ING, Coca-Cola European Partners, Avis, AstraZeneca, Roche, The RAF, JD Sports and The Restaurant Group and many others.
The Capital Markets team, which includes former brokers, lawyers, accountants, corporate financiers and career communicators has had much success over the last couple of years earnings its place as a top 5 adviser to listed companies and a top 10 M&A adviser.
We have won new clients including Bakkavor, Costain, Coinbase, CVS, Davy, FRP, SSE, Speedy Hire, The Restaurant Group, and Treatt as well as a number of IPOs, whilst continuing to advise long standing clients primarily across the consumer, built environment, TMT, financials, support services and industrials sectors.
We have advised on a number of high profile transactions and special situations including the acquisition of Avant Homes by Berkeley DeVeer and Elliott Advisers; Connells’ £134m acquisition of Countrywide; the £4bn acquisition of Cobham by Advent International; The Restaurant Group’s £559m acquisition of Wagamama; JD Sports’ transformative $558m acquisition of US based Finish Line and the CMA enquiry in relation to the proposed acquisition of Footasylum; RWS’s c.£800m acquisition of SDL; the IPOs of ASA International, Knights, Cake Box, Urban Exposure, FRP, and East Imperial; Mothercare’s, Four Seasons Health Care’s and Arcadia’s restructuring, CVA, or administration processes; and Shaftesbury regarding a shareholder activist and a number of high profile crises.
We are looking for a Managing Director to join our award-winning capital markets team to work on an exciting range of clients across multiple sectors.
• Act as an integral part of clients’ strategic advisory team to provide senior counsel and strategy input
• Ensure overall quality, client retention and delivery of budgeted results and profitability targets
• Lead new business and strategic development of MHP whilst maintaining and growing relationships with the wider industry
• Shape and steer media relations strategy, maintaining longstanding relationships within the industry and assist with major issues and crisis management
• Proactively create new opportunities and confidently effect introductions to develop otherareas of MHP business
• Responsible for overall development of the team, resource planning, allocation, recruitment, staff welfare and performance issues
The successful candidate will
• Play an integral role as part of the practice’s senior leadership team
• Provide strategic advice to clients and colleagues, while ensuring that account teams keep clients satisfied and profitable
• Take the lead in new business growth and the broader strategic development of the agency
• Be a line manager with responsibility for mentoring members of the team
• Constantly market and champion the MHP brand to business and City leaders with consistent ambition to make us the ‘best of the best’
The role will suit someone who enjoys working in a forward thinking fast paced environment.
What we offer
You can expect a great working environment and culture, with superb benefits to match, including: Free breakfast at the in-house café/bar, gym discounts, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and much more!
Our unique structure and culture has meant we’ve featured in The Sunday Times’ Best Company To Work For Top 100 list eight years in a row too.
About MHP + Mischief …. MHP + Mischief is a unique combination of two market-leading brands. Together, we are greater than the sum of our parts. We are a collection of 200 communications specialists, blending behavioural science, industry expertise, influencer strategy, creativity and audience insight. MHP helps clients navigate the volatile, activist and tribal landscape we call The Networked Age. Mischief helps brands earn attention by playing with the norm and working at the speed of life. We are PR Moment Agency of the Year and two of the most-awarded teams in the industry. Our work for the NHS is PR Week’s “Campaign of the Decade” and we are two-time winners of The Creative Shootout.