Lead User Experience Designer
Who are Engine?
We are Engine. A new breed of creative communications company. We operate via a unique collaborative model that curates specialist teams around clients’ needs, providing them with the answers they need now. And the questions they should ask of the future.
We work with some of the largest and most admired brands in the world, including Sky, Disney, Unilever, Royal Navy, Warburtons, and Coca-Cola.
We’re proud of the accolades we have received in recognition of our work and in the last two years have won almost 100 top-tier industry awards.
Your role and team
At ENGINE, Experience Designers see little distinction between product and service design and see design thinking as a way to add demonstrable value to any challenge or opportunity.
Experience Designers at ENGINE are integral to the creative process and play pivotal roles in the strategy, conception, and design of multi-context products, services, and communications for our clients.
Stepping into this role you will lead the experience design and have an excellent understanding of human-centered design and design thinking, with real experience of connecting customers and brands through transformative brand experience and intuitive interfaces.
As a Lead Experience Designer, you will be expected to work autonomously as an independent contributor and be active in collaboration with broader members of the creative team, working closely with the Creative Director of Experience Design.
Here’s what you can look forward to if you are our next Lead Experience Designer at ENGINE:
- You’ll lead and collaborate on design research & synthesis activities. Responsibilities may include Interview Planning & Facilitation, Workshop Planning & Facilitation, User & Proposition Testing, Planning & Facilitation, Persona & Archetype Development, Journey & Experience Mapping, Conceptual Modelling, Ecosystem Mapping, Analytics Review & Analysis, Competitor Review & Benchmarking, Trend Forecasting & Analysis, Experience Strategy & Vision
- You’ll participate and lead in design conceptual and ideation activities, such as proposition development, Co-creation Sessions Planning, and Facilitation, Scamping & Sketching, Storyboarding, Prototyping
- You will be responsible for leading out in direct detailed design and delivery activities, which may include user Flows and Journeys, Information architecture, Wireframing, Interaction Design, Prototyping, Documentation
- You will be expected to demonstrate a range of different methods & outputs that illustrate your experience and skill in the above.
Here is what we’re looking for:
- A unique candidate with extensive and in-depth experience in experience design
- An individual who has proven design experience working within an innovation consultancy, experience design firm, digital agency, or experience working with a top consumer digital/luxury brand
- Someone who has examples of successfully launched projects that demonstrate strategic, conceptual, and creative thinking.
- An organized person who is able to juggle different projects in a fast-paced environment
- A strategic creative: You demonstrate an understanding of how to interpret business, behaviour, brand and technology requirements and insight, and an ability to apply human-centered design, and design thinking techniques to actively solve challenges and problems
- A relentless innovator: You have an ability to push invention over convention (regarding best practices), and an understanding of how new technologies will / could influence product and service design.
- A passionate storyteller who communicates their vision in an engaging manner
- You actively contribute to presentation development & design and internal & client presentations.
- You are a confident public speaker who can clearly communicate your thinking & rationale behind strategic and design decisions.
- A true collaborator: You demonstrate a cross-disciplinary understanding (e.g. when and how to engage other disciplines/departments)
- You actively demonstrate a desire to facilitate collaboration.
- You are a team player, consciously putting the wider project team first over yourself.
We know our people are our superpower, so at Engine you can expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match, including free breakfast at the in-house cafe, gym discounts, contributory pension, cycle to work scheme and much more!
At ENGINE we believe in a culture of inclusivity, we celebrate difference and believe that diversity makes our business more relevant, our work more meaningful and our people more empowered. We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all and we're open to applications from all ethnicities, orientations, beliefs, gender identities + those with neurodiversity traits.
If you’re interested in adding to our culture here at Engine, but this role isn’t quite right for you, please email email@example.com detailing what type of roles you’re interested in, along with your CV so we can get in touch for future opportunities.
Find out more at: http://uk.enginegroup.com/