Junior Motion Graphics Designer
Who are Engine?
We are Engine. A new breed of creative communications company. We operate via a unique collaborative model that curates specialist teams around clients’ needs, providing them with the answers they need now. And the questions they should ask of the future.
We work with some of the largest and most admired brands in the world, including Sky, Disney, Unilever, Royal Navy, Warburtons, and Coca-Cola.
We’re proud of the accolades we have received in recognition of our work and in the last two years have won almost 100 top-tier industry awards.
What is the role?
As Junior Motion Graphics Designer you will be delivering branded and entertainment content, promos, trailers and TVCs with the aim to constantly exceed client's expectations and push creative boundaries. We believe in nurturing talent and this role will allow you to grow and develop within the department and in your craft as a MGFX Designer. You will be part of a post-production team consisting of a Lead Editor, Junior Editor, Edit Assistant, 2 MGFX Designers and a Filmmaker.
What does this role involve?
- Strong understanding and execution of design, typography and composition
- Proactively test & learn best solutions/tools for the job; demonstrate a constant development of skills and exploration of new techniques
- Develop strong relationships with Editors, Designers, Creatives and Producers across Engine
- Collaborate with Creatives, Directors and Producers to effectively deliver their vision; participating in the creative process and offering your own ideas and creative solutions
- Ensure brand guidelines are understood and adhered to
- Interrogate all delivery specs, perform quality control and ensure all projects are delivered correctly and to exemplary standards
- Accurately archive all projects, rushes and raw footage. Help to enforce media management and archiving processes within Engine Film
- Keep abreast of the latest technologies & methods and help to promote, trial and implement these within Engine Film
- Help to drive and deliver best in class creative output across the Post-Production Department
- Help to manage freelance members of the department; taking responsibility for their workflows and creative output, when required
What sort of person are we looking for?
- Passionate about solving design problems and developing original visual solutions
- Innovative and creatively minded
- A self starter who works well under direction
- Excellent file management and attention to detail
- A good understanding of end-to-end Post-Production workflows
- Good technical knowledge of codecs, aspect ratios and file formats
- Can online, confirm and deliver to broadcast and web based specs
- Confident creating deliverables for external finishing (EDL/XML/OMF/AAF/Splits etc.)
- Good understanding of usage and clearance requirements for music, images and footage
- Proficient in After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator with an ability to create assets from scratch
- Good knowledge of Premiere Pro & Cinema 4D would be desirable
What we offer
You can expect a supportive working environment and superb benefits to match, including Free breakfast at the in-house café/bar, gym discounts, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, and much more!
At Engine we believe in a culture of inclusivity, we celebrate difference and believe that diversity makes our business more relevant, our work more meaningful and our people more empowered. We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all and we're open to applications from all ethnicities, orientations, beliefs, gender identities + those with neurodiverse traits.
If you’re interested in adding to our skills and culture here at Engine, but this role isn’t quite right for you, please email email@example.com detailing what type of roles you’re interested in, along with your CV so we can get in touch for future opportunities.