Engine Transformation (ET) creates, accelerates, designs, and builds the future for our clients. We combine the creativity of an agency with the robustness of a consultancy and the technical agility of a start-up. Built on Research. Driven by Design. Fuelled by Data. Powered by Technology.
We Transform organisations through a world class research, design, data, and technology culture, delivering better digital and multichannel experiences. We combine depth of expertise with a breadth of experience, working across both public and private sector to deliver tangible outcomes in partnership with our clients, built on a philosophy of transparency, collaboration, and agility.
Our services include strategy & innovation, market & customer research, change & delivery, service design, data driven transformation and solutions, technology strategy and data and software engineering
We are proud to work for clients as diverse as Sky, Avon, Santander, Holland & Barrett, Lexus, Ministry of Justice, Department for International Trade, Defra and Home Office. We have offices in London, Manchester, Sydney & Melbourne.
We are a part of the Engine Group’s UK operations and form one of three business pillars, alongside our colleagues in Creative (advertising and marketing) and Communications (PR). In total, Engine UK has over 800 staff in our London and Manchester offices.
Find out more at: https://transformation.enginegroup.com/
- The Role: Insight Analytics Manager
Engine Transformation are looking for an Insight Analytics Manager to report to the Head of Analytics and lead the Insight Analytics team, currently a team of 3 people. Within the Engine analytics team there are 4 teams: Business information reporting, Digital Analytics, Insight Analytics and Research and Data Science.
We are looking for people who are obsessed with understanding the world through a data lens, passionate about creating business value through insightful analytics. In the last 12 months Engine Transformation has:
- Enabled the Royal Air Force become the most diverse in history, supporting their challenging recruitment targets with reduced media budgets through personalised advertising and content
- Built a dashboard showing vaccine hesitancy globally to support getting the world vaccinated which was presented to the G7 leaders and World Health Organisation
- Improving the recruitment of teachers for the Department of Education
- Used advanced analytics to predict who will buy a car, be dissatisfied with their takeaway, which junior doctors will complete their training and many more business changing outcomes
- Key Skills/Experiences:
- Advanced knowledge of customer and business analytics.
- Experience in line managing and supporting junior analysts to ensures the efficient execution & delivery of day-to-day insight tasks.
- Lead analysis projects and conversations from briefing through to completion, take full responsibility for project delivery and ensure commercial objectives are met effectively.
- Work directly with key stakeholders including senior management within various departments internally and client side on a range of analytical deliverables.
- Identifies, communicates, and resolves complex analytical challenges unassisted and efficiently.
- Good commercial awareness and understanding of business financials and team profitability.
- Ability to evaluate and query large unstructured data from a variety of sources and provide meaningful insight that is persuasive and facilitates positive business change.
- Dynamic and quick thinking to establish the most productive approach for a task.
- Can communicate and present findings to both technical and non-technical parties at all levels of an organization including senior management.
- Strong ability to propose analytical approaches and deliver outputs that deliver value.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to forge successful working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Structured and methodical working practices and a champion within the analytics team for creating new processes and ensuring existing analytical processes are followed (QA, coding best practice, version control etc).
- The technical skills we’re specifically looking for are:
- Advanced SQL skills
- Data Visualisation Skills (Tableau / Power BI or similar).
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills and ability to build insight presentations that deliver valuable recommendations.
- Excellent understanding of Relational Databases and able to develop complex SQL queries for analytical projects.
- Statistical procedures (propensity modelling, segmentation, profiling, basket analysis etc.)
- R, or Python for data manipulation and statistical processes
- Any exposure to data science processes or methodologies
- We like people who are:
- Enthusiastic about what they do, and a delight to work with
- Motivated and full of ideas
- Data and technology fanatics, who can show an interest in and understanding of recent trends and the benefits they could bring
- Passionate about working within data, digital and technology and with the drive and determination to continually improve
- Able to build successful relationships to establish credibility
- Our culture is built on:
- Being one team; we work for and with each other with respect and positive intent; when the going is tough, we support not blame each other
- We aim high and are ambitious; we bring the energy and positivity
- We are curious and embrace new ideas and different perspectives, generous with our time and with each other
- We are not afraid to fail, we learn from our failures, turning them into our future successes
- We deliver quality in everything we do; we are open and honest with each other and our clients
- Our benefits include:
- Holiday entitlement, 28 days with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Day off (on or in the week of) your birthday
- Pension eligibility, up to 5% matched contributions
- Healthcare eligibility, private healthcare with Vitality, option to buy discounted family cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym discounts
- Regular social events/activities
- Life Insurance
If this sounds like you, please get in touch to discuss in more detail.