Who are Engine?
We are Engine. A new breed of creative communications company. We operate via a unique collaborative model that curates specialist teams around clients’ needs, providing them with the answers they need now. And the questions they should ask of the future.
We work with some of the largest and most admired brands in the world, including Sky, Disney, Unilever, Royal Navy, Warburtons and Coca-Cola.
We’re proud of the accolades we have received in recognition of our work and in the last two years have won almost 100 top tier industry awards.
Your role and team
At ENGINE, Experience Designers see no delineation between product and service design and see design thinking as way to add demonstrable value to any challenge or opportunity.
Experience Designers at ENGINE are integral to the creative process and play pivotal roles in the strategy, conception and design of transformative multi-context products, services and communications for our clients.
You are an Experience Designer with a strong understanding of human centered design and design thinking, with real experience of connecting customers and brands through transformative brand experience and intuitive interfaces.
Here’s what you should know if you want to be an Experience Designer at ENGINE:
On any given day you might:
- Participate in and lead design research & synthesis activities (including but not limited to Interview Planning & Facilitation, Workshop Planning & Facilitation, User & Proposition Testing, Planning & Facilitation, Persona & Archetype Development, Journey & Experience Mapping, Conceptual Modelling, Ecosystem mapping, Analytics Review & Analysis, Competitor Review & Benchmarking, Trend Forecasting & Analysis, Experience Strategy & Vision
- Participate in and lead design concepting and ideation activities (including but not limited to; Idea, Concept, Proposition development, Co-creation Sessions Planning and Facilitation, Scamping & Sketching, Storyboarding, Prototyping)
- Participate in and direct detailed design and delivery activities (including but not limited to; User Flows and User Journeys, Information architecture, Wireframing, Interaction Design, Prototyping, Documentation
- You will be expected to demonstrate a range of different methods & outputs that illustrate your experience and skill in the above.
Who you are
- A strategic creative: You demonstrate an understanding of how to interpret business, behaviour, brand and technology requirements and insight, and an ability to apply human centred design, and design thinking techniques to actively solve challenges and problems
- A relentless innovator: You have an ability to push invention over convention (regarding best practices), and an understanding of how new technologies will / could influence product and service design.
- A passionate storyteller: You clearly communicate your thinking & rationale behind strategic and design decisions. You actively contribute to presentation development & design and internal & client presentations. You have experience public speaking
- A true collaborator: You demonstrate a cross disciplinary understanding (e.g. when and how to engage other disciplines / departments ) You actively demonstrate a desire to facilitate collaboration. You are a team player, consciously putting the wider project team first over yourself.
We know our people are our superpower, so at Engine you can expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match, including free breakfast at the in-house cafe, gym discounts, contributory pension, cycle to work scheme and much more!
At ENGINE we believe in a culture of inclusivity, we celebrate difference and believe that diversity makes our business more relevant, our work more meaningful and our people more empowered. We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all and we're open to applications from all ethnicities, orientations, beliefs, gender identities + those with neurodiversity traits.
Find out more at: http://uk.enginegroup.com/