With 200 employees, we provide deep expertise in brand, financial, corporate, health and public affairs – reflected in the fact that 200 organisations put their trust in MHP, including Astra Zeneca, Barclays, beIN Media Group, Coca-Cola, NHS, Klarna, Samsung, Shaftesbury, Kimberly-Clark, Nationwide, Revolut, Roche, and Laing O’Rourke. Our specialist areas include consumer comms, corporate reputation, brand strategy, crisis and issues management, capital markets, public affairs, health and financial services.
Our award-winning Public Affairs practice has an exciting opportunity to join its expanding team. With strong year-on-year growth – including through the pandemic - it needs a Director to join its leadership team, providing exceptional client service and helping to drive further growth.
This is a fantastic opportunity for somebody who wants to help shape the future of an established and successful Public Affairs practice inside a multi-service agency. Working alongside 200 communications specialists across MHP and our sister agency Mischief (both part of ENGINE-), you will play a role in helping to set the direction of the function as well as helping to manage and motivate a 20-strong team, leading client work and new business delivery. This pivotal role will require you to provide counsel across all industry sectors, to make new connections and grow existing clients.
We’re looking for a strong strategic mindset, exemplary understanding of public affairs and the communication challenges its clients face, and a proven track record of being able to play a leading part in new business.
- Key responsibilities
- Act as an integral part of clients’ strategic advisory team to provide senior counsel and strategy input
- Help manage a portfolio of clients, ensuring excellent service delivery and high levels of client satisfaction
- Play a key role in new business growth, including prospecting, responding to briefs and growing existing clients
- Support the Public Affairs leadership team in ensuring overall quality, client retention and delivery of budgeted results and profitability targets
- Shape and steer public affairs strategies, helping to ensure the team continues to grow, innovate and excel in its client work
- Maintain networks across politics, policy and business that enable you to stay abreast of trends and macro developments
- Help with the overall development of the team, resource planning, allocation, recruitment, staff welfare and performance issues; nurture the team, provide guidance and counsel to ensure team retention
- Be an ambassador for Public Affairs within MHP, Engine, client inter-agency teams and the wider industry
- The successful candidate will:
- Be a seasoned Public Affairs practitioner with experience of major corporate clients across a range of sectors
- Possess an agency background with a strong record of working with marquee clients and delivering counsel
- Have a strong network and track record of helping to win new business
- Be an enthusiastic team player, ambitious to help build a team and offer
- Inspire, lead and help nurture talent with the team
- Be well-connected across politics, policy and business
- Consistently exceed client expectations in the development and delivery of client communications strategies for which you are responsible
What we offer:
You can expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match, including: gym discounts, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and much more!
Our unique structure and culture has meant we’ve featured in The Sunday Times’ Best Company To Work For Top 100 list eight years in a row too.
About MHP + Mischief ….
MHP + Mischief is a unique combination of two market-leading brands. Together, we are greater than the sum of our parts.
We are a collection of 200 communications specialists, blending behavioural science, industry expertise, influencer strategy, creativity and audience insight.
MHP helps clients navigate the volatile, activist and tribal landscape we call The Networked Age. Mischief helps brands earn attention by playing with the norm and working at the speed of life.
We are PR Moment Agency of the Year and two of the most-awarded teams in the industry. Our work for the NHS is PR Week’s “Campaign of the Decade” and we are two-time winners of The Creative Shootout.