Engine MHP Mischief is a strategic communications agency built for the networked age, applying the new rules of influence to solve complex problems.
With more than 200 staff, we provide deep expertise in consumer, financial, corporate, health and public affairs – reflected in the fact that 200 organisations put their trust in MHP Mischief, including AstraZeneca, JD, beIN Media Group, Coca-Cola, NHS, Klarna, Lego, Just Eat, Shaftesbury, Kimberly-Clark, Nationwide, Roche, and GoDaddy.
We are looking for a full-time Digital Director who can use their expertise to not only enhance our offering and reputation in strategic comms, but can be a catalyst to driving revenue growth across the agency through digital.
Our aim is to provide better service and a more rounded, impactful comms solution to all of our clients. This new digital opportunity will help support our vision. The calibre of the client and the quality of the work rivals any top-rated London design agency. Recent digital work for clients include AstraZeneca, Seven Dials, Lego, Tails.com and the Global Youth Mobilization.
We are looking for a Digital Director to be a part of this new and exciting opportunity. The successful candidate will be responsible for instilling a digital culture and mindset, from Brand & Reputation to Capital Markets, Health to Financial Services and Mischief. Your role will see you help expand the digital capacity within the agencies, and you will be expected to consult - and inspire - both internal audiences and clients to grow our digital expertise.
Your work will involve developing digital strategies, advising clients on digital acceleration and sharing innovation and creativity within the digital and tech space with a view to productising our offering and generating revenue.
Digital expertise through the lens of earned media space is key for this role, as well as the ability to work across all channels – paid, earned, social and owned. You will need to be able to develop cross channel, content and social strategies and activation. You will also be aware of emerging trends and innovation, as well as having established connections with partners.
Being client facing and working with the different practices to pitch digital to prospects and existing clients to drive growth will be a core part of the job, as will acting as an ambassador for the business, helping to build MHP Mischief’s reputation as a digital force.
Reporting into the Head of Studio, you will actively help shape and inform the future development of Digital and the role it plays within the agencies.
You will need to be able to work collaboratively with a diverse group of communications professionals, from Health, Public Affairs and Capital Markets to creative, consumer, digital and corporate reputation specialists.
Primarily, the role will entail
- Creating and developing successful digital strategies
- Working with team leads to design measurable digital and social programmes including content and channel recommendations
- Advising and pitching to clients as part of integrated teams – to sell our recommended digital strategies that lead to higher business win rates
Secondarily, the role will entail
- Fostering and instilling a digital culture and processes to produce better digital solutions amongst teams
- Promoting Engine MHP Mischief and acting as an ambassador for digital within the business, developing relevant communications and participating in agency marketing initiatives
This role will sit in the MHP Mischief Studio team which includes digital, design, creative and strategic specialisms.
- Drive digital revenue growth across MHP and Mischief
- Work with the Head of Strategy and digital colleagues to build digital capacity and breed a culture of digital
- Develop insightful digital strategies for clients and prospects across a range of different sectors
- Work with senior management to integrate digital strategy across MHP and Mischief
- Support successful pitch teams, developing and pitching powerful digital strategies and activations that deliver against the brief and produce measurable outcomes
- Work with client teams to provide digital counsel to existing clients, either as part of an ongoing relationship or on ad hoc basis – to develop and sell bigger, better campaigns and activations
- Work with practice heads, supporting the new business prospecting process and developing senior level client contacts
- Provide inspiration and example to the broader business through leadership and guidance; be aware of digital innovation and emerging tech that can inspire and ‘wow’ clients
- Actively look for new tools and resources that can enhance our offering
- Proactively shape and lead the digital strategy process for new and existing briefs working with teams across the business
- Participate and lead training across the business to breed more of a digital culture
- Participate in MHP and Mischief marketing activities to promote the business and build our brand
- Work with and grow MHP’s family of suppliers and partners, building a roster of best-in-class partners
- In this role you will be expected to work collaboratively with, and guide, talent across MHP and Mischief including our Digital Champions, a cohort of digitally curious account managers
The successful candidate will
- Have an exceptionally strong record of developing and delivering digital strategies to businesses across a broad range of sectors that have generated revenue growth / income
- Exhibit knowledge and deep understanding of digital and how it plays out within the earned, owned, paid and shared media
- Be able to demonstrate how they have applied strategic thinking / solutions to client challenges, tailored ideas and pitches to different audiences and created routes to engagement
- Have a proven track record of pitching new business, selling digital strategies and campaigns that demonstrate an understanding of a client’s objectives / challenges
- Be trained and understand data analysis and digital tools in order to feed into strategies
- Have experience of managing teams and mentoring junior colleagues
- Have delivered influencer, social media and content programmes
- Be experienced in managing clients and owning client relationships
- Be able to cost projects and manage budgets
- Be able to act quickly and responsively to client requests – get stuck in, roll up their sleeves and ensure jobs are completed on time and to budget
- Have good time and account management skills; some weeks can be fast paced, but this shouldn’t faze you
What we offer
You can expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match, including: Free breakfast at the in-house café/bar, gym discounts, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and much more!
Our unique structure and culture has meant we’ve featured in The Sunday Times’ Best Company To Work For Top 100 list eight years in a row too.
We believe in a culture of inclusivity, we celebrate difference and believe that diversity makes our business more relevant, our work more meaningful and our people more empowered. We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all and we're open to applications from all ethnicities, orientations, beliefs, gender identities + those with neurodiverse traits.