We are looking for a full-time digital director who can use their expertise to not only enhance our offering and reputation in healthcare policy and public relations but be the catalyst to driving revenue growth across MHP + Mischief.
The successful candidate will sit on the health senior leadership team and report to the Head of Health. You will be responsible for instilling a digital culture and mindset, to drive organic growth of existing client retainers and campaigns, support and drive new business activity and convert new business leads. Your role will see you help expand the digital capacity within the team, and you will be expected to consult and inspire both internal audiences and clients to cement and grow our industry reputation as an agency which can apply integrated communications strategy to drive public and policy change.
Your work in particular will involve developing digital strategies, advising clients on digital acceleration and sharing innovation and creativity within the digital and tech space with a view to productising our offering and generating revenue. As a healthcare consultant, you will be an expert on the ABPI Code of Practice and how this guides Industry’s approach and use of social and digital platforms to reach key audiences.
Digital expertise through the lens of earned media space is key for this role, as well as the ability to work across all channels – paid, earned, social and owned. You will need to be able to develop cross channel, content and social strategies and activation. You will also be aware of emerging trends and innovation, as well as having established connections with partners.
Being client facing and working with the different client teams to pitch digital to prospects and existing clients to drive growth will be a core part of the job, as will acting as an ambassador for the business, helping to build MHP Health’s reputation as a credible digital agency.
- Key responsibilities
- Drive digital revenue growth within the MHP Health team
- Work with the Head of Health to build digital capacity and breed a culture of digital
- Develop evidence-based digital strategies for clients and prospects across pharmaceutical and third-sector clients
- Support successful pitch teams, developing and pitching powerful digital strategies and activations that deliver against the brief and produce measurable outcomes
- Work with the Health client teams to provide digital counsel to existing clients, either as part of an ongoing relationship or on ad hoc basis – to develop and sell bigger, better campaigns and activations
- Provide inspiration and example to the health team through leadership and guidance; be aware of digital innovation and emerging tech that can inspire and ‘wow’ clients. Support the team’s understanding of digital / social code requirements and SOPs
- Actively look for new tools and resources that can enhance our offering
- Participate and lead training across the business to breed more of a digital culture
- Participate in MHP Health marketing activities to promote the business and build our brand
- The successful candidate will:
- Be hands on and action orientated. As the only digital specialist in the Health team there is a need to lead on both the strategy and delivery.
- Have an exceptionally strong record of developing and delivering digital strategies to businesses across the pharmaceutical and life sciences sector that have generated revenue growth / income
- Exhibit knowledge and deep understanding of digital and how it plays out within the earned, owned, paid and shared media
- Apply strategic thinking / solutions to client challenges across the business, able to tailor ideas and pitches to different audiences and create routes to engagement that are relevant to the clients of the different practice areas
- Understand how to take digital to market and ‘productise’ the offering so that it is revenue generating
- Have a proven track record of pitching new business, selling digital strategies and campaigns that demonstrate an understanding of a client’s objectives / challenges
- Grow existing clients by developing new and compelling strategies and campaigns that clients want to buy
- Proactively shape and lead the digital strategy process for new and existing briefs working with teams across the business
- ‘Bring the outside in’ - proactively seek out and keep abreast of, what is going on, digitally, within the industry and further afield, to actively share and inspire the business
- Consistently exceed client expectations in the development and delivery of client communications strategies for which you are responsible
- Be commercially minded
- Have experience of working in a regulated environment (e.g. Healthcare, Finance). Be aware of the relevant compliance restrictions so that you know what is possible/ not possible