We are looking for a full-time digital account manager who can use their expertise to enhance our offering and reputation in strategic comms.
Our agency’s digital work is diverse; one moment you’ll be tasked with reaching finance directors of local councils, the next to design a grassroots campaign driving consumer participation in a global health awareness day. It’s critical that you have worked, and enjoy working, in designing digital campaigns and activating digital platforms that aren’t just for consumer audiences – complex audiences are our speciality!
The exact nature of the work will be varied, from light touch involvement (e.g. contributing to brainstorms, attending a kick-off meeting, providing some written thoughts to supplement a presentation) through to leading a specific strand of digital work (e.g. analysis of a digital campaign’s performance, developing and running content calendars).
The role will therefore suit somebody with digital experience in earned media who is active across a range of platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter) and has a genuine love for the power of digital to reach and influence people online.
Primarily, the role will entail:
- Working and collaborating within client teams, providing sound digital expertise and developing strategies that have digital at their heart
- Participating in new business, advising and contributing to pitches to sell recommended digital strategies and ideas
- Being a digital ambassador within the business
We need someone with a thirst for all things digital.
You need to be curious, collaborative and confident, and your interest and experience needs to extend across earned, owned, paid and shared.
With excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you will be client-facing. We need someone who can be agile and adaptable, able to work at a fast pace and meet deadlines, and comfortable working on a broad range of challenges across new business and client briefs at any one time
This role will sit in the Studio team which includes digital, design, creative and strategic specialisms.
- Key responsibilities
- Owning – and in some instances leading - digital strands of client account work
- Providing strategic and tactical advice and counsel to clients, being a go-to contact for clients and developing meaningful relationships
- Support successful pitch teams, developing and pitching powerful digital strategies and activations that deliver against the brief and produce measurable outcomes
- Developing, managing and activating content plans
- Developing influencer-led strategies / campaigns
- Managing relationships with suppliers of key insight tools and partners such as production and platforms / media owners or agencies
- Collaborating and guiding our Digital Champions, people within account teams across the business; the training programme was established to foster digital capabilities wider within the agencies and breed a culture of digital
- Work with the wider Studio team to up-sell the digital offering to the different practices
- Actively look for new tools and resources that can enhance our offering
- Work with and grow MHP and Mischief’s family of suppliers and partners, building a roster of best-in-class partners
- Participate in marketing activities to promote the business and build our brand
- The successful candidate will:
- Exhibit knowledge and deep understanding of digital and how it plays out within earned, owned, paid and shared media
- Be experienced in managing clients and owning client relationships
- Have experience in digital earned media in B2C and B2B environments
- Have good analytical skills
- Be able to simplify, distil and articulate complex problems with clarity (tailored to varied knowledge levels)
- Ability to navigate digital and regulated environments (you don’t have to know all the rules, teams can help you with that, but you do have to be able to work within them. Training in areas like the ABPI code will be provided)
- Good time and account management skills; some weeks can be fast paced, but this shouldn’t faze you
- Have a proven track record of pitching new business, selling digital strategies and campaigns that demonstrate an understanding of a client’s objectives / challenges
- Have their finger on the pulse of digital innovation to ‘bring the outside in’ and inspire teams and clients