MHP is a strategic communications agency built for the networked age, applying the new rules of influence to solve complex problems.
With 200 staff, we provide deep expertise in brand, financial, corporate, health and public affairs – reflected in the fact that 200 organisations put their trust in MHP, including Astra Zeneca, JD, beIN Media Group, Coca-Cola, NHS, Klarna, Shaftesbury, Kimberly-Clark, Nationwide, Roche, and GoDaddy.
We are seeking an inspirational and smart Senior Creative to join MHP, who can advise teams across our entire portfolio of MHP. We need someone who can elevate the quality of our creativity and help us excite and inspire our clients.
You should have a proven track record of developing creativity within the earned media space, as well as the ability to work across paid, earned, social and owned channels. You will need to be able to develop creative concepts for content and experiences that will bring your campaigns to life and to understand how to work with influencers and partners effectively.
You will need to be able to work collaboratively with a diverse group of communications professionals, from Health, Public Affairs and Capital Markets to creative, consumer, digital and corporate reputation specialists.
Primarily, the role will entail:
- Creating and developing successful concepts and ideas
- Working with team leads and digital and strategy specialists to translate concepts into compelling creative platforms, measurable and achievable campaigns, tactical ideas and content recommendations
- Advising and pitching to clients as part of integrated teams – to sell our recommended creative concepts that lead to higher business win rates
Secondarily, the role will entail:
- Fostering and instilling a creative culture and processes to produce better creative solutions amongst teams
- Promoting ENGINE MHP and acting as an ambassador for creativity within the business, developing relevant communications and participating in agency marketing initiatives
We need someone with a thirst for original creative as well as commercial understanding and the ability to truly sell ideas. You need to have personal gravitas and be able to serve as a trusted advisor to senior communications professionals and business leaders.
You need to be curious, collaborative and creative and your interest and experience needs to extend across earned media through traditional PR and into digital activation spaces and social content. You will be expected to help grow existing accounts and lead the creative of new business pitches.
With excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you will present winning concepts and ideas, and ignite passion among teams to the benefits of insight led creative solutions. We need someone who can be agile and adaptable, able to work at a fast pace and meet deadlines, and comfortable working on a broad range of challenges across new business and client briefs at any one time
This role will sit in the Creative Services team, which includes digital, design and, soon, creative and strategic specialisms
- Support successful pitch teams, developing and pitching powerful creative platforms and activations that deliver against the brief and produce measurable outcomes
- Work with client teams to provide creative counsel to existing clients, either as part of an ongoing relationship or on ad hoc basis – to develop and sell bigger, better campaigns and activations
- Work with leaders of the business, supporting the new business prospecting process and developing senior level client contacts
- Confident in articulating how ideas can translate across channels and the role of digital, content and insights in delivering creative, working closely with digital and strategy specialists in developing recommendations
- Instil high levels of creativity in the business through example and systematic training, techniques and practices
- Provide inspiration and example to the broader business through leadership and guidance
- Work with and grow Engine MHP+Mischief’s family of suppliers and creative partners, building a roster of best-in-class partners
The successful candidate will
- Be highly creative and have an exceptionally strong track record in translating ideas into new business conversion
- Exhibit knowledge and deep understanding of earned media and content marketing
- Apply creative thinking / solutions to client challenges across the business, able to tailor ideas and pitches to different audiences and create routes to engagement that are relevant to the clients of the different practice areas
- Have a proven track record of pitching new business, selling creative ideas and campaigns that demonstrate a strategic understanding of a client’s objectives / challenges
- Grow existing clients by developing new and compelling concepts and campaigns that clients want to buy
- Proactively shape and lead the creative process for new and existing briefs working with teams across the business
- Be a strong presenter with a track record of playing an important role in winning pitches
What we offer
You can expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match, including: 28 days holiday, private medical, gym discounts, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and much more!
Our unique structure and culture has meant we’ve featured in The Sunday Times’ Best Company To Work For Top 100 list eight years in a row too.
We believe in a culture of inclusivity, we celebrate difference and believe that diversity makes our business more relevant, our work more meaningful and our people more empowered. We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all and we're open to applications from all ethnicities, orientations, beliefs, gender identities + those with neurodiverse traits.