Insight Data Analyst
ENGINE Transformation (ET) creates, accelerates, designs, and builds the future for our clients. We combine the creativity of an agency with the robustness of a consultancy and the technical agility of a start-up. Built on Research. Driven by Design. Fuelled by Data. Powered by Technology.
We Transform organisations through a world class research, design, data and technology culture, delivering better digital and multichannel experiences. We combine depth of expertise with a breadth of experience, working across both public and private sector to deliver tangible outcomes in partnership with our clients, built on a philosophy of transparency, collaboration, and agility.
Our services include strategy & innovation, market & customer research, change & delivery, service design, data driven transformation and solutions, technology strategy and data and software engineering
We are proud to work for clients as diverse as Sky, Dominos, Santander, Holland & Barrett, BMW, Ministry of Justice, Department for International Trade, Defra and Home Office. We have offices in London, Manchester, Sydney & Melbourne.
We are a part of the ENGINE Group’s UK operations and form one of three business pillars, alongside our colleagues in Creative (advertising and marketing) and Communications (PR). In total, ENGINE UK has over 800 staff in our London and Manchester offices.
Find out more at: https://transformation.enginegroup.com/
Engine Transformation are looking for an Insight Data Analyst to sit within the data team.
- 2-3 years’ experience as a Data Analyst.
- Previous industry experience analysing customer data in a CRM / marketing focused
- Ability to work independently and work on multiple client accounts meeting tight
- Excellent business problem-solving skills with evidence of developing creative analytical solutions to client’s problems and tell a story with data.
- Ability to evaluate and query large unstructured datasets and provide meaningful insight and reporting metrics
- The ability to communicate and present findings to both technical and non-technical parties
- Able to work collaboratively within the analytics team – supporting other team members with QA of code and analysis
- An understanding of how analytical outputs can be used to drive value in a commercial situation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Structured and methodical working
The essential technical skills we are specifically looking for:
- Strong academic background in numerical related fields such as maths, economics, statistics, etc.
- SQL skills for complex data extractions and analysis including (writing windowed functions (Partitions, Ranks, Lead and Lag), sub queries, complex joins and declared variables)
- Basic understanding of either Python or R
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint
- Good understanding of Relational Databases and able to develop complex SQL queries to produce datasets for analytical
Desirable but not essential:
- Statistical procedures (e.g. propensity modelling, segmentation, profiling, basket analysis etc.)
We like people who are:
- Enthusiastic about what they do, and a delight to work with
- Motivated and full of ideas
- Data and technology fanatics, who can show an interest in data, digital and technology
- Have the drive and determination to continually improve
- Able to build successful relationships internally and externally
- Project management minded and able to cope with changing needs
Our culture is built on:
- Being one team; we work for and with each other with respect and positive intent; when the going is tough, we support not blame each other
- We aim high and are ambitious; we bring the energy and positivity
- We are curious and embrace new ideas and different perspectives, generous with our time and with each other
- We are not afraid to fail, we learn from our failures, turning them into our future successes
- We deliver quality in everything we do; we are open and honest with each other and our clients
Our benefits include:
- Holiday entitlement, 28 days with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Day off (on or in the week of) your birthday
- Pension eligibility, up to 5% matched contributions
- Healthcare eligibility, private healthcare with Vitality, option to buy discounted family cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym discounts
- Regular social events/activities
- Life Insurance
If this sounds like you, please get in touch to discuss in more detail.