Who is ENGINE?
We are ENGINE. A new breed of creative communications company. We operate via a unique collaborative model that curates specialist teams around clients’ needs, providing them with the answers they need now. And the questions they should ask of the future.
We work with some of the largest and most admired brands in the world, including Sky, Disney, Unilever, Royal Navy, Warburtons and Coca-Cola.
We’re proud of the accolades we have received in recognition of our work and in the last two years have won almost 100 top tier industry awards.
Your role and team
We are looking for a Creative Technologist to join our team who has creative flair, tech skills, and a passion for innovation. You will collaborate with the whole team at Engine, from project managers and strategists to creatives to make ideas come to life in unique and interesting ways. Your day-to-day will involve researching interesting new technologies, coming up with new ways to tell stories, presenting to and working with project teams, and prototyping your ideas into reality.
What are the main responsibilities?
- Researching emerging technologies and bringing them back to the team
- Working as a motivated self-starter, collaborating with project teams on strategy, campaign concepts, technical feasibility and prototypes through a creative technology lens
- Working closely with experience, verbal, and visual designers to polish off concepts and prototypes
- Confidently own and present ideas, research, and case studies to internal stakeholders
What you can bring:
- A good understanding of current technologies, the trends, and executions that bring them to life
- A passion for creating interesting and innovative experiences
- Web coding experience including HTML5 & CSS3
- The ability to try out new coding languages or libraries, and assess them for viability
- The ability to create prototypes of web and digital concepts
- The ability to clearly and confidently present ideas to the team
- Confidence when contributing to discussions with your own ideas
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and ways of working
The ideal candidate might have some of the following:
- A GitHub account or personal website we can take a look at
- A personal or professional project centering around a clever use of technology where you had a key role in designing and/or coding the execution
We know our people are our superpower, so at Engine you can expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match, including free breakfast at the in-house cafe, gym discounts, contributory pension, cycle to work scheme and much more!
At ENGINE we believe in a culture of inclusivity, we celebrate difference and believe that diversity makes our business more relevant, our work more meaningful and our people more empowered. We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all and we're open to applications from all ethnicities, orientations, beliefs, gender identities + those with neurodiverse traits.
Find out more at: http://uk.enginegroup.com/