CREATIVE DIRECTOR, XD
ENGINE is a future company. A full-stack consultancy and communications company with the power of diversity and the imagination to seize the future.
We have recently been acquired by the Next 15 group which will see us merge with another Next 15 agency, ODD – an integrated creative agency who specialise in fashion, retail & lifestyle brands. We are hugely excited with the opportunity this provides us all, to create a business that's truly fit for the future, our brands and people.
Our Experience Designers see no delineation between product and service design and see human centred design and design thinking as a way to add demonstrable value to any challenge or opportunity.
Reporting to our Client Managing Director, you will plan, lead and oversee the strategic and creative process used to create and deliver products and communications for our client. You will partner with other heads of the design team (Directors of Visual Design and Experience Strategy), lead with empathy and by doing, and actively balance a hands-on approach with line management and mentoring of junior team members.
As a CD, Experience Design at Engine Creative, you will:
- Set and maintain the standard of craft
- Help develop the experience design practice and contribute to its commercial success
- Take accountability for the success of our clients and our experience design team
- Structure narratives for client presentations and push systematic design work to give impact and creative edge
- Frame business requirements and opportunities and translate strategic insights into consumer-facing experiences
- Partner with and lead multidisciplinary teams of Visual Design, Strategy, Account and Tech teams to define and deliver experiences
- Provide direction in matters related to experience design and content strategy, including user experience, user interface, & communications design
You will bring:
- Substantial agency experience in digital concepting at a high level preferably from a digital agency creative background
- Be hands-on with design when needed
- Excellent conceptual thinking, through to final design
- A passion for craft
- A portfolio of responsive web design and mobile app design
- Excellence in communicating at all levels internally and externally
- Good client-facing and relationship skills
- Experience with Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Expertise in industry-standard design visualisation and prototyping
- Experience with briefing and working with front-end developers
And in return, Engine Creative offers:
- 29 days annual leave (including Birthday off + 3 at Christmas & New Year)
- 5% matched pension contributions
- Life Assurance (4x salary)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Season ticket loans and Cycle to work scheme
- Gym discount
- Hybrid (2 days in the office 3 days at home) and Flexible working
We're hugely proud of the recognition we have received – winning c.100 top-tier industry awards including Cannes Lions, Clio's, British Arrows, Creative Circle, Webby's, the Channel 4 Diversity Prize and many more in just the past 2-years alone. Most recently, we were named by Fast Company as one of the 'Top 10 Most Innovative Advertising Agencies' in the world. We were also crowned the 2022 Cannes Lions, Grand Prix winner.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and a diverse workforce. We uphold and celebrate our differences. We do not discriminate.
Regardless of your colour, race, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, social background, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status, you are welcome to join us. Just bring your whole self.