Who are Engine?
We are Engine. A new breed of creative communications company. We operate via a unique collaborative model that curates specialist teams around clients' needs, providing them with the answers they need now. And the questions they should ask of the future.
We work with some of the largest and most admired brands in the world, including Sky, Disney, Unilever, Royal Navy, Warburtons, and Coca-Cola.
We're proud of the accolades we have received in recognition of our work and have won almost 100 top-tier industry awards in the last two years.
Your role and team
Reporting to the Chief Client Officer and serving as a member of Engine's Experience and Innovation businesses leadership team, you will help both the UK's and the World’s most ambitious brands grow by unlocking their entrepreneurial potential with our unique blend of creative ingenuity and commercial rigour.
We do this through our connected service offering:
Growth & Innovation Strategy
- We identify white space growth opportunities that lead to the creation of new Ventures, Products, Services and Brands.
Product & Service Design
- We define, design and deliver experiences that bring new Ventures, Products and Services to life.
Brand Identity & Experience
- We craft brand identities that work seamlessly across every medium, touchpoint and interaction.
As the Client Partner within the Engine Experience and Innovation business, you will be responsible for:
Spearhead new business development for the practice, building a strong pipeline (in excess of £3m+), working in close partnership with the new business and marketing team.
Ensure solid financial performance and revenue growth by Leading the acquisition, management and delivery of client engagements and programs to meet the practice’s targets (£5m+).
Become the critical interface and mentor to Engine Creative’s broader account management team on behalf of the practice. Identify mentorship and training opportunities and, where possible, source or originate training solutions.
Here's what you can look forward to:
- Partnering with the CXO, Director of Consulting, CDO and the broader new business and marketing team to drive prospecting efforts.
- Proactively seeking out opportunities with related client brands. Coordinating the entire engagement/pitch process and seamlessly bringing new clients into Engine
- Leveraging relationships to extend Engine's Experience & Innovation remit within existing client organisations.
- Effectively qualifying new client opportunities in keeping with agency goals, suitability and profitability criteria.
- Consulting with the C-Suite, boards and senior clients to provide a wealth of innovation and product & service design expertise.
- Helping other members of Engine Creative to identify new business opportunities and using Engine knowledge and experience to generate new business opportunities (e.g. client learning sessions, cross-selling of Engine Creative).
- Revenue responsibility £5m+.
- Successfully negotiating with client procurement teams.
- Ensurings personal and team billability and utilisation targets are met.
- Ensuring effective pricing strategy whilst maintaining overall client profitability targets at all times. Highlighting team operational issues affecting overall client profitability.
- Partnering with the Exec Production Director to organise team resources and configuration and developing detailed month-by-month forecasts against which resources can be planned.
- Partnering with the Exec Production Director to meet and exceed profitability targets.
- Successfully managing multiple internal and external stakeholders to ensure the best outcome for both customer and Engine Experience & Innovation.
- Providing updates on project progress, account planning and conflicts or escalations to the E&I Leadership team and the executive team when appropriate.
- Helping to grow strategic client relationships & taking part in key client meetings, mentoring core team and acting as the final escalation point for all activity.
- Identifying mentorship and training opportunities for the broader account management team and sourcing or originating training solutions.
Experience & Innovation Practice Development
- Supporting the continued development of the Experience & Innovation businesses offering.
- Identifying and proposing ways to improve practice operations.
- Working with the E&I Leadership team to champion externalisation opportunities
Here's what we're looking for:
- Substantial experience working within a tier 1 innovation consultancy, experience design firm, digital agency, or experience working with a top digitally-led consumer brand.
- Proven track record of measurable impact. with extensive and in-depth experience in innovation and product and service design. (You have supported the delivery of game-changing ventures, Products and Services).
- Proven experience in the entire client acquisition process, from prospecting, to selling, winning work and helping to define and shape opportunities.
- An extensive set of client relationships and a large network to draw upon to support either business development or project delivery.
- A natural collaborator, consciously putting the wider project team first over yourself.
- Entrepreneurial, curious and brave, you are the kind of person who rolls up their sleeves and gets stuck in and leads by example through action.
If you’re interested in adding to our skills and culture here at ENGINE, but this role isn’t quite right for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org detailing what type of roles you’re interested in, along with your CV so we can get in touch for future opportunities.