Engine Transformation (ET) creates, accelerates, designs, and builds the future for our clients. We combine the creativity of an agency with the robustness of a consultancy and the technical agility of a start-up. Built on Research. Driven by Design. Fuelled by Data. Powered by Technology.
We transform organisations to deliver better digital and multichannel experiences using world class research, design, data, and technology. With a great working culture, we combine depth of expertise with a breadth of experience. We lead tangible change by working closely with diverse clients, built on a philosophy combining transparency, collaboration, and agility.
We help clients with their strategy and to improve innovation, we have extensive market & customer research capability, lead organisational change, design new digital services, transform working using data and helping clients take on new technology. Many of our assignments involve development and delivery of bespoke data and software solutions.
We are proud to work for clients as diverse as Sky, Avon, Santander, Holland & Barrett, Lexus, Ministry of Justice, Department for International Trade, Defra, and Home Office. We have offices in London, Manchester, Sydney & Melbourne.
We are a part of the Engine Group’s UK operations and form one of three business pillars, alongside our colleagues in Creative (advertising and marketing) and Communications (PR). In total, Engine UK has over 800 staff in our London and Manchester offices.
Find out more at: https://transformation.enginegroup.com/
The Role: Business Analyst for digital solutions
We are looking for someone to work in business analysis to join our experienced and passionate team. You will work across variety of projects in both the public and private sector. You will have at least 3 years’ work experience helping improve how a businesses or other organisation delivers for their customers, clients, and stakeholders. You'll be able to “speak digital” with both experts and novices, getting your teeth into fascinating challenges.
We do not need you to be an expert yet; you will need to show a passion for what you’ve done and pride in your achievements. A desire to further both yourself and your new colleagues will need a willingness to learn new skills and techniques in the company of industry experts.
In time you’ll be able to perfect your agile working knowledge to help you evolve into broader consultancy roles such as Scrum Master, Delivery Manager, Business Architect or Strategy Consultant.
- Key Responsibilities:
- You will gather, consolidate, and make sense of complex information to present it in a coherent, comprehensible, and comprehensive way that makes sense to both business and technical colleagues.
- You will devise process or digital solutions to problems and work with colleagues to outline what is needed to make them work
- You will help the wider team members (such as researchers, service designers, content designers, software developers, and managers) to contribute their insights and perspectives to find and refine the best ideas and solutions.
- As your confidence and experience grows, you'll need to bring your own ideas and perspective – from both your professional and life experience
- Key Skills/Experiences:
- You will have at least 3 years’ work experience – understanding problems and creating solutions.
- You may have had a formal title like Business Analyst or have worked in a team to improve how a businesses or other organisation delivers for their customers, clients, and stakeholders.
- Have some experience or awareness of Agile tools, methods, or agile thinking
- Be able to find the real roots and causes of a problem. You'll be able to make sure business or organisation needs are clearly understood and captured.
- Comfortable leading or supporting workshops with clients and stakeholders and building consensus with the people you're working with.
- Produce written documentation to support your work and keep track of what we've done. Report on your findings and present to stakeholders as required
- Understand how to make practical process or organisation change and improvement
- Work with technical architects and other colleagues to work out processes or workflow and information technology then later help test whether those ideas work.
- Be able to consider opportunities and potential risks
- Able to work with attention to detail
- Able to work with a diverse group of disciplines and perspectives and constructively manage disagreements, turning them into improved innovation
- Be numerate and comfortable using data to analyse findings and optimise solutions
- We like people who are:
- Enthusiastic about what they do, and a delight to work with
- Motivated and full of ideas
- Data and technology fanatics, who can show an interest in and understanding of recent trends and the benefits they could bring
- Passionate about working within data, digital and technology and with the drive and determination to continually improve
- Able to build successful relationships to establish credibility
- Our culture is built on:
- Being one team; we work for and with each other with respect and positive intent; when the going is tough, we support not blame each other
- We aim high and are ambitious; we bring the energy and positivity
- We are curious and embrace new ideas and different perspectives, generous with our time and with each other
- We are not afraid to fail, we learn from our failures, turning them into our future successes
- We deliver quality in everything we do; we are open and honest with each other and our clients
- Our benefits include:
- Holiday entitlement, 28 days with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Day off (on or in the week of) your birthday
- Pension eligibility, up to 5% matched contributions
- Healthcare eligibility, private healthcare with Vitality, option to buy discounted family cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym discounts
- Regular social events/activities
- Life Insurance
If this sounds like you, please get in touch to discuss in more detail.