Who we are
ENGINE Transformation (ET) creates, accelerates, designs, and builds the future for our clients. We combine the creativity of an agency with the robustness of a consultancy and the technical agility of a start-up. Built on Research. Driven by Design. Fuelled by Data. Powered by Technology.
We Transform organisations through a world class research, design, data and technology culture, delivering better digital and multichannel experiences. We combine depth of expertise with a breadth of experience, working across both public and private sector to deliver tangible outcomes in partnership with our clients, built on a philosophy of transparency, collaboration and agility.
Our services include strategy & innovation, market & customer research, change & delivery, service design, data driven transformation and solutions, technology strategy and data and software engineering
We are proud to work for clients as diverse as Dominos, Toyota, Honda, Hammersons, Ministry of Justice, Department for Education, HMRC, GDS and the Home Office. We have offices in London, Manchester, Sydney & Melbourne.
We are a part of the ENGINE Group’s UK operations and form one of three business pillars, alongside our colleagues in Creative (advertising and marketing) and Communications (PR). In total, ENGINE UK has over 800 staff in our London and Manchester offices.
Find out more at: https://transformation.enginegroup.com/
The role: Business Analyst.
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our experienced and passionate technology team, you will work across variety of projects in both the public and private sector. You will have worked previously for at least 3 years in a business analysis or consultancy role and be driven to get your teeth into fascinating analytical challenges.
We do not need you to be the finished article – you will need to show a passion for your profession, a willingness to learn new skills and techniques in the company of industry experts and a desire to further both yourself and your new colleagues.
You should feel comfortable leading workshops for requirements elicitation and documenting user needs in a coherent, comprehensible and comprehensive way that makes sense to business and IT colleagues alike.
You will help the wider team members (including researchers, service designers, content designers, developers and delivery managers) to contribute their insights and perspectives to help curate a holistic digital or service response to any given task or challenge.
You will have a passion about working within an Agile environment. You will have an instinct for balancing stakeholder needs with end-user needs.
You will be able to constructively manage conflict and you’ll be able to work with a diverse group of disciplines and perspectives
- have 3 years’ experience as a Business Analyst working on digital transformation projects in government, retail or consultancy
- drive the requirements elicitation process. Using the most appropriate techniques, ensure that business needs are clearly understood and captured
- obtain consensus from key stakeholders, constantly keeping track of provenance against the evolving backdrop of agile projects
- work with multiple stakeholders across different business channels and markets on a wide range of projects and systems to gain a deep understanding business needs
- produce written documentation to support your work, report on your findings and present to stakeholders as required
- bring about significant improvements and measurable business benefits through the identification and implementation of business process changes
- work with technical architects and other colleagues to identify the processes and information technology required to introduce your recommendations
- support the testing phases of a project
- embrace agile methods to allow you to evolve into broader consultancy roles such as Scrum Master and Delivery Manager. Experience of Agile tools and methods, working as a team-player in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment is preferable
- exhibit strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills and be able to rationalise complex information
- be comfortable using data modelling techniques to analyse findings and create proposals for optimisation
- be able to consider opportunities and potential risks attached to project requirements
- be able to demonstrate knowledge of one or more formal business analysis techniques and preferably formal research methodologies, e.g. interviews, contextual inquiry
- demonstrate a high degree of attention to detail and have strong organisational skills, with the ability to work independently
We like people who are:
- Enthusiastic about what they do, and a delight to work with
- Motivated and full of ideas
- Data and technology fanatics, who can show an interest in and understanding of recent trends and the benefits they could bring
- Passionate about working within data, digital and technology and with the drive and determination to continually improve
- Able to build successful relationships to establish credibility
Our culture is built on:
- Being one team; we work for and with each other with respect and positive intent; when the going is tough, we support not blame each other
- We aim high and are ambitious; we bring the energy and positivity
- We are curious and embrace new ideas and different perspectives, generous with our time and with each other
- We are not afraid to fail, we learn from our failures, turning them into our future successes
- We deliver quality in everything we do; we are open and honest with each other and our clients
Our benefits include:
- Holiday entitlement, 28 days with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Day off (on or in the week of) your birthday
- Pension eligibility, up to 5% matched contributions
- Healthcare eligibility, private healthcare with Vitality, option to buy discounted family cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym discounts
- Regular social events/activities
- Life Insurance
If this sounds like you please get in touch to discuss in more detail.