Our award-winning Public Affairs practice has an exciting opportunity to join its expanding team. With strong year-on-year growth – including through the pandemic - it needs an Associate Director to join its leadership team, providing exceptional client service and helping to drive further growth.
This is a fantastic opportunity for somebody who wants to help shape the future of an established and successful Public Affairs practice inside a multi-service agency. Working alongside 200 communications specialists across MHP and our sister agency Mischief (both part of ENGINE-), you will play a role in helping to set the direction of the function as well as helping to manage and motivate a 20-strong team, leading client work and new business delivery. This pivotal role will require you to provide counsel across all industry sectors, to make new connections and grow existing clients.
We’re looking for a strong strategic mindset, exemplary understanding of public affairs and the communication challenges its clients face, and a proven track record of being able to play a leading part in new business.
- Act as an integral part of clients’ strategic advisory team to provide senior counsel and strategy input
- Help manage a portfolio of clients, ensuring excellent service delivery and high levels of client satisfaction
- Play a key role in new business growth, including prospecting, responding to briefs and growing existing clients
- Support the Public Affairs leadership team in ensuring overall quality, client retention and delivery of budgeted results and profitability targets
- Shape and steer public affairs strategies, helping to ensure the team continues to grow, innovate and excel in its client work
- Maintain networks across politics, policy and business that enable you to stay abreast of trends and macro developments
- Help with the overall development of the team, resource planning, allocation, recruitment, staff welfare and performance issues; nurture the team, provide guidance and counsel to ensure team retention
- Be an ambassador for Public Affairs within MHP, Engine, client inter-agency teams and the wider industry
The successful candidate will:
- Be a seasoned Public Affairs practitioner with experience of major corporate clients across a range of sectors
- Possess an agency background with a strong record of working with marquee clients and delivering counsel
- Have a strong network and track record of helping to win new business
- Be an enthusiastic team player, ambitious to help build a team
- Inspire, lead and help nurture talent with the team
- Be well-connected across politics, policy and business
- Consistently exceed client expectations in the development and delivery of client communications strategies for which you are responsible.