MHP Mischief is a unique combination of two market-leading brands. Together, we are greater than the sum of our parts.
We are a collection of 200 communications specialists, blending behavioural science, influencer strategy, creativity, audience insight and industry expertise.
MHP helps clients navigate the volatile, activist and tribal Networked Age. Mischief is engineered to win in the Attention Rebellion era.
Our specialist areas include consumer comms, corporate reputation, crisis management, capital markets, public affairs, health and financial services.
We represent some of the most-loved, most-trusted and most intensely scrutinised brands in the country, including AstraZeneca, Barclays, Coinbase, Huawei, Innocent, JustEat, Lego, Restaurant Group, and Sky.
- Lead a day to day portfolio of corporate PR accounts for clients across a variety of industries, including financial services, food and drink, public sector and B2B technology
- Advise and guide clients on complex corporate issues, including ESG, regulation and emerging consumer trends
- Provide ongoing counsel to senior level clients, from PR Managers and Directors of Comms to CMOs and CEOs
- Lead integrated client teams to deliver campaigns that reach a variety of corporate audiences and stakeholders
- Instil best practice client management across the team; take responsibility for building relationships with senior client contacts
- Develop and oversee content for thought leadership campaigns across earned, owned and social channels
- Identify and respond to opportunities for organic growth across client base
- Lead small to medium sized new business pitches and support on bigger pieces
- Ensuring we deploy best-in-class measurement techniques to demonstrate the value of our work
- Oversee quality of the team’s written output: press releases, media comment, opinion pieces, proposals etc
- Leading by example: inspiring more junior members of the team by bringing the outside in, being aware of developments and activity within the comms industry
- Undertake responsibilities as a senior member of the Brand & Reputation team, including development of marketing collateral to promote the work of the practice
Our successful candidate will have/be:
- At least seven years’ PR experience
- Extensive experience working on large issues-led clients and campaigns, ideally with international experience
- The ability to lead accounts, overseeing teams delivering project and retainer work
- The ability to counsel client contacts – from PR Managers to CEOs – with confidence, calmness and clarity
- Media nous: someone who brings with them a thorough understanding of the media and influencer landscape plus an impressive list of contacts
- Digital understanding: with experience in devising and selling in social/digital activations as part of a campaign to clients
- Highly organised: this person will be relied upon to run busy accounts and ensure the team are delivering effectively and efficiently
- A strong writer: skilled at writing client activity proposals, opinion pieces and new business proposals
- Brave thinking: someone who’s not afraid to try something new
- A team player: great interpersonal skills, and someone who brings a sense of fun to their work
- Great time management and ability to multi-task, and instilling this across the team
- A passion for news, culture and current affairs
- A stickler for detail; someone who doesn’t miss an opportunity to correct grammar or spelling or spot something that doesn’t quite add up
What we offer
You can expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match, including: 28 days holiday, private medical, gym discounts, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and much more!
Our unique structure and culture has meant we’ve featured in The Sunday Times’ Best Company To Work For Top 100 list eight years in a row too.