Who are Engine?
We are Engine. A new breed of creative communications company. We operate via a unique collaborative model that curates specialist teams around clients’ needs, providing them with the answers they need now. And the questions they should ask of the future.
We work with some of the largest and most admired brands in the world, including Sky, Disney, Unilever, Royal Navy, Warburtons, and Coca-Cola.
We’re proud of the accolades we have received in recognition of our work and in the last two years have won almost 100 top-tier industry awards.
What is the role?
As Edit Assistant your main responsibility will be to support Engine Film’s Post-Production team as well as getting the opportunity to edit internal and smaller scale projects. We believe in nurturing talent and this role will allow you to grow and develop within the department and in your craft as an Editor. You will be part of a post-production team consisting of a Lead Editor, Junior Editor, 2 MGFX Designers, a Junior MGFX Designer and a Filmmaker.
What does this role involve?
- Collaborate and assist the creative and production teams to help effectively deliver their vision
- Support the editors and production teams with any and all requests
- Back up, transcoding and management of rushes
- Creating proxies, shot/clip selecting, sound syncing and project set up
- Server management, maintenance and organisation
- Archiving of delivered projects to LTO on a monthly basis
- Guardian of the Final Delivery Archive/Guard book; ensuring that it is kept up to date and contains all the latest versions
- Liaise with the Resource Manager to prep the edit and VO suites for client reviews, presentations and sound sessions
- Liaising with IT, support all the editors and producers with technical requests; be the first point of call
- Exporting for external finishing (OMF, AFF, DPX, TIFF, Quick Time, MP4, XML & EDL)
- Download/ingest media, transcoding/creating proxies from source files
- Attend shoots and create proxies and logs when necessary
- Support in the QC for broadcast delivery
What sort of person are we looking for?
- A self-starter that will make themselves indispensable to the team
- Innovative and creatively minded
- Passion for building short-form content, TVC's and promos
- Good communication and organisation skills
- Meticulous file management and attention to detail
- Demonstrate a constant development of skills and exploration of new technologies and techniques
- A basic understanding of end-to-end production workflows
- Some knowledge of industry standard cameras, file formats and associated production techniques
- Good technical knowledge
- Good working knowledge of Premiere Pro & Adobe Creative Cloud. Experience using After Effects, Photoshop & Illustrator desirable
What we offer
You can expect a supportive working environment and superb benefits to match, including Free breakfast at the in-house café/bar, gym discounts, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, and much more!
At Engine we believe in a culture of inclusivity, we celebrate difference and believe that diversity makes our business more relevant, our work more meaningful and our people more empowered. We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all and we're open to applications from all ethnicities, orientations, beliefs, gender identities + those with neurodiverse traits.
If you’re interested in adding to our skills and culture here at Engine, but this role isn’t quite right for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org detailing what type of roles you’re interested in, along with your CV so we can get in touch for future opportunities.