About Engine MHP + Mischief
MHP + Mischief is a unique combination of two market-leading brands. Together, we are greater than the sum of our parts.
We are a collection of 200 communications specialists, blending behavioural science, industry expertise, influencer strategy, creativity and audience insight.
MHP helps clients navigate the volatile, activist and tribal landscape we call The Networked Age. Mischief helps brands earn attention by playing with the norm and working at the speed of life.
Our specialist areas include consumer comms, corporate reputation, brand strategy, crisis and issues management, capital markets, public affairs, health and financial services.
We represent some of the most-loved, most-trusted and most intensely scrutinised brands in the country, including Asda, AstraZeneca, Coca Cola, JD Sports, Nationwide, The Restaurant Group, Revolut, RSPCA, TUI, and Vodafone.
We are PR Moment Agency of the Year and two of the most-awarded teams in the industry. Our work for the NHS is PR Week’s “Campaign of the Decade” and we are two-time winners of The Creative Shootout.
We are looking for an outstanding Account Manager or Senior Account Manager to join our Brand and Reputation team at MHP. In addition to managing corporate communications campaigns, this person will work closely with our Crisis & Risk specialists.
This person will have experience building and protecting corporate reputation, with an interest in crisis response and issues management. You do not need extensive crisis management experience, but we are looking for someone who is eager to develop their crisis and risk skills while continuing to deepen their corporate PR expertise.
We’re less concerned about where the candidate has gained their experience (although a top PR agency would be ideal), or which sectors their clients have been in. We’re most concerned that we find someone who is hungry for success and loves being part of a team.
MHP’s Brand & Reputation practice was formed in 2019, through the merger of its corporate and consumer teams. The move reflects the evolving needs of our clients who are increasingly looking for agencies that understand complex stakeholder environments and the role communications plays at the intersection of brand and reputation. Our Crisis & Risk specialists sit within the Brand and Reputation team, delivering crisis preparedness programmes, issues management counsel and full crisis response for a range of organisations, from start-ups to Government organisations and household brand names.
Our Brand & Reputation clients include Barclays, Coca-Cola, South Western Railway, Kimberly-Clark, HelloFresh and E.ON.
- Planning and leading delivery of client campaigns
- Building relationships with key journalists and bloggers
- Coordinating and supporting the delivery of crisis preparedness programmes, crisis response, and issues management.
- Supporting the team with marketing, new business, and product development.
- Give counsel to clients at all levels, advising on a diverse range of issues and tactics
- Managing media enquiries from national media, sometimes having difficult conversations with journalists.
- Drafting reactive statements, internal communications, digital copy, social media responses and stakeholder communications
- Leading on day-to-day account co-ordination, including action planners, reports and logs
- Assisting senior colleagues in fulfilling their responsibilities to keep accounts on track and within budget, including liaising with and managing some supplier relationships
- Being the eyes and ears for clients; spotting risks and opportunities and helping us demonstrate added value
Our successful candidate will have/be:
- At least three years’ PR experience with an interest in or experience of crisis management
- An eagerness to develop deep crisis management and preparedness skills for a range of sectors and businesses.
- Able to work with privileged and confidential information and act with discretion
- Open to stretching both up and down in the role, sometimes acting as second-in-command on a large issue but equally able to write reports, manage logs and assist with monitoring.
- Experience in managing social media executions and an understanding of how an issue might go viral or play out across digital channels
- Highly organised: this is as important for day-to-day account management as it is in a crisis. We will need this person to help keep things running smoothly.
- Skilled at writing reactive statements, website copy, press releases, comment pieces, media pitches as well as assisting with client and new business proposals
- A team player with great interpersonal skills, comfortable in front of very senior clients
- Great time management and ability to multi-task, managing upwards as well as their junior team members
- A passion for news and current affairs
What we offer
You can expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match, including: Free breakfast at the in-house café/bar, gym discounts, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and much more!
Our unique structure and culture have meant we’ve featured in The Sunday Times’ Best Company To Work For Top 100 list eight years in a row too.
About MHP + Mischief MHP + Mischief is a unique combination of two market-leading brands. Together, we are greater than the sum of our parts. We are a collection of 200 communications specialists, blending behavioural science, influencer strategy, creativity, audience insight and industry expertise. MHP helps clients navigate a volatile, activist and tribal landscape we call The Networked Age. Mischief helps brands earn attention by playing with the norm and working at the speed of life. We are PR Moment Agency of the Year and two of the most-awarded teams in the industry. Our work for the NHS is PR Week’s “Campaign of the Decade” and we are two-time winners of The Creative Shootout.