Who are Engine?
We are Engine. A new breed of creative communications company. We operate via a unique collaborative model that curates specialist teams around clients’ needs, providing them with the answers they need now. And the questions they should ask of the future.
We work with some of the largest and most admired brands in the world, including Sky, Disney, Unilever, Royal Navy, Warburtons and Coca-Cola.
We’re proud of the accolades we have received in recognition of our work and in the last two years have won almost 100 top tier industry awards.
What are your key responsibilities when it comes to relationships?
- Lead day-to-day correspondence with client.
- Clear delegation of tasks to junior team members
- Proactively communicate to the wider team the progress of individual tasks, and ask for support where needed ahead of deadlines.
- Be inclusive and supportive to AEs & ACs to guide and grow their expertise.
Understanding our Clients:
- Build strong relationships with mid-level clients by demonstrating a sense of care, control and diligence to deliver the project at the highest standard.
- Build trust through clear and consistent communication to always manage expectations and keep to project timelines.
- Strive to manage feedback in a way that both protects the quality of the work, but ensure the client feels understood.
Understanding our Client’s business:
- Know the brand guidelines inside-out and ensure rigorously implemented.
- Build understanding of the business (share price / the value of their product suite / their market threats and opportunities).
- Know the product detail inside-out (from price to how it works).
What are your key responsibilities when it comes to growth, profit and uncovering opportunities?
- Seek and spot opportunities to grow existing business.
- Proactively put your hand up and get involved in wider-agency activities to help drive innovation and creativity.
- Use industry & client knowledge to spot and push through opportunities for the client and agency.
- Be able to speak confidently and knowledgably to clients about the agency’s full-service offering within the pillar.
- If acting as the project lead, work with support to identify what the project opportunity is.
- Review and monitor finance processes and find solutions to overcome overburn.
- Understand how to monitor project costs (recs / WIP), and proactively look for how to work more efficiently, or flag any potential threats to profit (such as potential overburn, etc).
- Confidently communicate finance updates to clients.
- Ensure finance tracker (of estimates and invoicing) is kept up to date at all times, and send billing requests.
- Be able to review estimates, checking it aligns with client requirements, and obtain sign off.
What are your key responsibilities when it comes to being creatively brave?
- Contribute to creative discussions with thoughtful insight based on client understanding. Be able to summarise the value in the ideas with clients, articulating why the idea is right for the brief.
- Ensuring work meets the creative brief / feedback requirements.
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail to ensure there are no errors, that work is meeting the brief and addressing all feedback points.
- Understand how best to share work with each individual client, and present work confidently. Be able to lead sections of presentations such as timings/next steps or a competitive review.
What are your key responsibilities when it comes to Strategy?
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of the strategic direction of the brand and the wider marketing context, evidenced by inputting into creative briefs, an ability to evaluate our work against the brief, and ability to discuss the strategy with clients.
- Offer your own strategic point of view.
- Be trusted to support strategy team with analysis and research.
- Be able to draft a task brief (with approval from strategy team)
- Be able to distil client feedback into a clear list of requirements for the team, ensuring there is written reference to the task.
What are your key responsibilities when it comes to knowledge & process?
- Understand the process from top to bottom, proactively knowing the next steps to take, and knowing when to involve more senior team leads.
- Show a good understanding of all our capabilities and specialisms within the pillar (i.e.. Social, Engine film, etc) and able to discuss with clients and connect to the right people.
- Know the Engine vision, and be able to talk about the topline capabilities of the other pillars.
- Show strong knowledge of your particular specialism (i.e. web, advertising, etc). Demonstrate industry knowledge through comp reviews / reading industry press.
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of media formats and production processes to be able to talk confidently to clients and make recommendations.
- Understand industry regulatory approval process (i.e. RACC, CC, etc) working with TV admin to ensure cleared at the right times in the process.
- Understand production processes (from TV to digital), standard lead times, and rough timelines expected for different stages of production.
- Document and track project process, feedback, and latest work. Creating guard books.
What experience do you need for this role?
- Alongside experience in ATL campaigns, this role requires some experience in digital, ideally you would have experience of working on digital brand campaigns, brand experiences and web builds
We know our people are our superpower, so at Engine you can expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match, including free breakfast at the in-house cafe, gym discounts, contributory pension, cycle to work scheme and much more!
At Engine we believe in a culture of inclusivity, we celebrate difference and believe that diversity makes our business more relevant, our work more meaningful and our people more empowered. We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all and we're open to applications from all ethnicities, orientations, beliefs, gender identities + those with neurodiverse traits and disabilities.
If you’re interested in adding to our culture here at Engine, but this role isn’t quite right for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org detailing what type of roles you’re interested in, along with your CV so we can get in touch for future opportunities.
Find out more at: http://uk.enginegroup.com/