With 200 employees, we provide deep expertise in brand, financial, corporate, health and public affairs – reflected in the fact that 200 organisations put their trust in MHP, including Astra Zeneca, Barclays, beIN Media Group, Coca-Cola, NHS, Klarna, Samsung, Shaftesbury, Kimberly-Clark, Nationwide, Revolut, Roche, and Laing O’Rourke. Our specialist areas include consumer comms, corporate reputation, brand strategy, crisis and issues management, capital markets, public affairs, health and financial services.
We are looking for an Account Executive to join our award-winning public affairs team to work on our exciting portfolio of clients, across a range of sectors which include financial services, telecoms, infrastructure and food & drink. With a highly political team of former special advisors, party staff, civil servants, researchers, councillors, journalists and campaigners, this is an opportunity to help some of the UK’s biggest organisations build public affairs programmes that take them to the heart of policy making.
In this role you would play an integral part in supporting client programmes on a day-to-day basis, responsible for helping clients make sense of what’s coming out of government and Parliament and who they should be engaging with. Unlike some agencies, all of our team are client facing, meaning you will be working with your clients from day one, giving you invaluable insight into their work. We welcome creative ideas and input, as well as a proactive attitude from all team members. Attention to detail is essential in the role, as well as an open-minded perspective.
- Lead on monitoring the output of government, Parliament, campaign groups, think tanks etc for relevant information for clients
- Develop an understanding and awareness of the policies and politicians that matter to your clients
- Assist in the delivery of agreed client programmes / actions with responsibility for providing timely and clear reporting on progress
- Helping to deliver client programmes, including drafting correspondence, developing meeting programmes, and arranging events in Parliament
- Working with the team to help win new clients, through research, drafting and pitching
- Actively deepening knowledge of client’s business, issues and media to support the team in the delivery of overall business objectives
The successful candidate will
- Have a demonstrable passion for politics, evidenced through relevant experience, such as campaigning for a political party, interning or working for an MP, public affairs company or think tank etc
- Have excellent research and analysis skills
- Have excellent writing skills
- Be a highly organised self-starter, able to manage demanding workloads, effectively prioritising multiple tasks to always deliver to deadline
- Be a team-player, able to contribute insight, ideas and work to enable the company to meet and exceed client’s objectives and win new business
What we offer
You can expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match, including: private medical, gym discounts, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and much more!
Our unique structure and culture has meant we’ve featured in The Sunday Times’ Best Company To Work For Top 100 list eight years in a row too.
About MHP + Mischief ….
MHP + Mischief is a unique combination of two market-leading brands. Together, we are greater than the sum of our parts.
We are a collection of 200 communications specialists, blending behavioural science, industry expertise, influencer strategy, creativity and audience insight.
MHP helps clients navigate the volatile, activist and tribal landscape we call The Networked Age. Mischief helps brands earn attention by playing with the norm and working at the speed of life.
We are PR Moment Agency of the Year and two of the most-awarded teams in the industry. Our work for the NHS is PR Week’s “Campaign of the Decade” and we are two-time winners of The Creative Shootout.