We are looking for an Account Executive to join our award-winning public affairs team to work on our exciting portfolio of clients, across a range of sectors which include financial services, telecoms, infrastructure and food & drink. With a highly political team of former special advisors, party staff, civil servants, researchers, councillors, journalists and campaigners, this is an opportunity to help some of the UK’s biggest organisations build public affairs programmes that take them to the heart of policy making.
In this role you would play an integral part in supporting client programmes on a day-to-day basis, responsible for helping clients make sense of what’s coming out of government and Parliament and who they should be engaging with. Unlike some agencies, all of our team are client facing, meaning you will be working with your clients from day one, giving you invaluable insight into their work. We welcome creative ideas and input, as well as a proactive attitude from all team members. Attention to detail is essential in the role, as well as an open-minded perspective.
- Lead on monitoring the output of government, Parliament, campaign groups, think tanks etc for relevant information for clients
- Develop an understanding and awareness of the policies and politicians that matter to your clients
- Assist in the delivery of agreed client programmes / actions with responsibility for providing timely and clear reporting on progress
- Helping to deliver client programmes, including drafting correspondence, developing meeting programmes, and arranging events in Parliament
- Working with the team to help win new clients, through research, drafting and pitching
- Actively deepening knowledge of client’s business, issues and media to support the team in the delivery of overall business objectives
The successful candidate will:
- Have a demonstrable passion for politics, evidenced through relevant experience, such as campaigning for a political party, interning or working for an MP, a public affairs agency company or think tank etc
- Have excellent research and analysis skills
- Have excellent writing skills
- Be a highly organised self-starter, able to manage demanding workloads, effectively prioritising multiple tasks to always deliver to deadline
- Be a team-player, able to contribute insight, ideas and work to enable the company to meet and exceed client’s objectives and win new business