Account Executive, Capital Markets
MHP Mischief is a unique combination of two market-leading brands, with 200 communications specialists and an approach that blends behavioural science, media and influencer strategy, creativity, audience insight and industry expertise.
We are looking for an Account Executive to join our award-winning capital markets team to work on an exciting range of clients across multiple sectors. The role will assist in the delivery of client programmes, provide support to account teams and display enthusiasm in all aspects of the role. The role will suit someone who enjoys working in a forward thinking, fast paced environment where everyday is different.
- Deliver agreed client programmes / actions with responsibility for providing timely and clear reporting on progress
- Develop an understanding and awareness of key media titles whilst actively selling into various media, building relationships with journalists, helping to shape and monitor coverage
- Liaise with analysts covering your clients, including gaining their perceptions of our clients
- Play an active part in delivering campaigns including the use of social media
- Support pitches with new business research, content and idea development
- Prepare for and attend client meetings and events
- Develop a basic understanding of the regulatory environment within which our clients must communicate
- Actively deepen knowledge of clients’ businesses, issues and media to support the team in the delivery of overall client objectives
The successful candidate will:
- Have a keen interest in current affairs, financial markets and what makes businesses tick
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be highly organised and time efficient
- Be keen to work and learn quickly in a highly varied, sometimes pressured but always interesting environment
- Be offered training via our multi-layered training and development programme
- Have work experience or undertaken an internship in PR are desirable but not essential
- Competitive salary!
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Birthday day off
- Vitality private medical insurance
- Matched pension scheme (up to 5%)
- Gym membership
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- + much more!
Our unique structure and culture has meant we’ve featured in The Sunday Times’ Best Company To Work For Top 100 list eight years in a row too!
The Capital Markets team, which includes former brokers, lawyers, accountants, corporate financiers and career communicators has had much success over the last couple of years earnings its place as a top 5 adviser to listed companies and a top 10 M&A adviser.
We have won new clients including Bakkavor, Costain, Coinbase, CVS, Davy, FRP, SSE, Speedy Hire, The Restaurant Group, and Treatt as well as a number of IPOs, whilst continuing to advise long standing clients primarily across the consumer, built environment, TMT, financials, support services and industrials sectors.
We have advised on a number of high profile transactions and special situations including the acquisition of Avant Homes by Berkeley DeVeer and Elliott Advisers; Connells’ £134m acquisition of Countrywide; the £4bn acquisition of Cobham by Advent International; The Restaurant Group’s £559m acquisition of Wagamama; JD Sports’ transformative $558m acquisition of US based Finish Line and the CMA enquiry in relation to the proposed acquisition of Footasylum; RWS’s c.£800m acquisition of SDL; the IPOs of ASA International, Knights, Cake Box, Urban Exposure, FRP, and East Imperial; Mothercare’s, Four Seasons Health Care’s and Arcadia’s restructuring, CVA, or administration processes; and Shaftesbury regarding a shareholder activist and a number of high profile crises.
More about MHP Mischief
MHP Mischief help clients navigate a volatile, activist, tribal and information-saturated landscape we call The Networked Age. Our specialist areas include consumer comms, corporate reputation, crisis management, capital markets, public affairs, health, financial services and studio production.
We represent some of the most-loved, most-trusted and most intensely scrutinised brands in the country, including AstraZeneca, Coinbase, Huawei, Innocent, JustEat, Lego, Restaurant Group, Marshmallow and Sky.
Our work for the NHS is PR Week’s “Campaign of the Decade”, we are two-time winners of The Creative Shootout and we were the most-awarded agency at the 2021 PR Week Awards.
We are UK Agency of the Year (PRovoke), Corporate & Financial Agency of the Year (PR Week) & Health Team of the Year (PR Week).