Senior Account Executive, Brand & Reputation, MHP
About MHP + Mischief
MHP + Mischief is a unique combination of two market-leading brands. Together, we are greater than the sum of our parts.
We are a collection of 200 communications specialists, blending behavioural science, industry expertise, influencer strategy, creativity and audience insight.
MHP helps clients navigate the volatile, activist and tribal landscape we call The Networked Age. Mischief helps brands earn attention by playing with the norm and working at the speed of life.
Our specialist areas include consumer comms, corporate reputation, brand strategy, crisis and issues management, capital markets, public affairs, health and financial services.
We work closely with our sister agency Engine Mischief, one of the most awarded PR agencies in the industry, who do amazing work for well-known brands such as Lego, The National Trust, Southampton F.C, Huawei and Asda, specialising in high-impact ideas and stand-out PR-led campaigns.
We are PR Moment Agency of the Year and two of the most-awarded teams in the industry. Our work for the NHS is PR Week’s “Campaign of the Decade” and we are two-time winners of The Creative Shootout.
MHP’s Brand & Reputation practice was formed earlier this year, through the merger of its corporate and consumer teams. The move reflects the evolving needs of our clients who are increasingly looking for agencies that understand complex stakeholder environments and the role communications plays at the intersection of brand and reputation. We are looking for candidates who can not only support CMOs with creative marketing programmes and boost sales, but who can easily pivot to deal with complex situations and advise business leaders on mission critical issues. Our Brand & Reputation clients include TalkTalk, Coca-Cola, Kimberly-Clark, NHS Blood and Transplant and the Kiyan Prince Foundation to name but a few.
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Account Executive to join our Brand & Reputation team.
This person will be experienced in being part of campaigns which give national profile to organisations, in a way that positively impacts perceptions among consumer and/or corporate audiences. They’ll also be used to being involved in busy press offices, securing a drumbeat of coverage to keep their clients front of mind.
We’re less concerned about where the candidate has gained their experience (although a top London or major regional PR agency would be ideal), or which sectors their clients have been in. We’re most concerned that they bring a sense of tenacity, enthusiasm, curiosity and fun to their work. We want someone who is hungry for success and who loves being part of a team. For this role we’re also looking for someone that has strong media skills, and for whom securing coverage is second nature.
Our ideal candidate is/has
- A strong Senior Account Executive with around two years’ experience
- Experience with large consumer brands is desirable, although we’re open to where they got this experience i.e. could be at a large-scale agency or somewhere smaller / more boutique
- Demonstrates ability to run day to day accounts; supporting client leads when it comes to client reporting, contact and counsel
- A media hound: tenacious and passionate about picking up the phone, schmoozing journalists and securing great coverage
- Experience of and passion for working with influencers and activations across social media channels would be desirable
- Highly organised: this person will be relied upon to help ensure MHP accounts are run effectively and efficiently
- A strong writer: skilled at writing press releases, comment pieces, media pitches as well as assisting with client and new business proposals
- A team player: great interpersonal skills, and someone who brings a sense of fun to their work
- Great time management and ability to multi-task, managing upwards as well as more junior team members
- A stickler for detail; someone who doesn’t miss an opportunity to correct grammar or spelling
- A passion for news, culture and current affairs
- Someone who lives the MHP values: ever curious, ambitious, entrepreneurial and respectful
- Planning and leading sell-ins to media and identify key opportunities for clients, plus support managers in reactive outreach
- Building relationships with key journalists and bloggers
- Identifying, securing and managing influencers for social media activity
- Writing press releases, media pitches and media comment
- Leading on day-to-day account co-ordination, including being quality control for status reports, action planners and meeting contact reports before they go to managers
- Client contact: building relationships with clients and supporting managers on giving counsel and providing information when requested
- Being the eyes and ears for clients; being hungry for opportunities and helping us demonstrate added value
- Assisting senior colleagues in fulfilling their responsibilities to keep accounts on track and within budget, including liaising with and managing some supplier relationships
- Assisting with new business pitches and playing an active role in business development including participating in pitches themselves, research and proposal writing
- Being a key part of the MHP team supporting at marketing and internal events
What we offer
You can expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match, including: Free breakfast at the in-house café/bar, gym discounts, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and much more!
Our unique structure and culture have meant we’ve featured in The Sunday Times’ Best Company To Work For Top 100 list eight years in a row too.
About MHP + Mischief MHP + Mischief is a unique combination of two market-leading brands. Together, we are greater than the sum of our parts. We are a collection of 200 communications specialists, blending behavioural science, influencer strategy, creativity, audience insight and industry expertise. MHP helps clients navigate a volatile, activist and tribal landscape we call The Networked Age. Mischief helps brands earn attention by playing with the norm and working at the speed of life. We are PR Moment Agency of the Year and two of the most-awarded teams in the industry. Our work for the NHS is PR Week’s “Campaign of the Decade” and we are two-time winners of The Creative Shootout.