Who are Engine?
We are Engine. A new breed of creative communications company. We operate via a unique collaborative model that curates specialist teams around clients’ needs, providing them with the answers they need now. And the questions they should ask of the future.
We work with some of the largest and most admired brands in the world, including Sky, Disney, Unilever, Royal Navy, Warburtons and Coca-Cola.
We’re proud of the accolades we have received in recognition of our work and in the last two years have won almost 100 top tier industry awards.
What are your key responsibilities when it comes to relationships?
- Assist Account Manager with day-to-day correspondence with client. Picking up specific workstreams and leading relevant responses.
- Manage up: Proactively communicate to your wider team the progress of individual tasks, and ask for support where needed ahead of deadlines.
Understanding our Clients:
- Build strong relationships with junior clients to ensure they feel understood, whilst also being able to manage their feedback effectively.
- Build trust through clear and consistent communication to always manage expectations and keep to project timelines.
Understanding our Client’s business:
- Know the brand guidelines inside-out and ensure rigorously implemented.
- Track competitive work and strategy of competitors to understand how our work can differentiate
What are your key responsibilities when it comes to growth, profit and uncovering opportunities?
- Seek and spot opportunities to grow existing business.
- Proactively put your hand up and get involved in wider-agency activities to help drive innovation and creativity.
- Use industry & client knowledge to spot and push through opportunities for the client and agency.
- Track and monitor finance processes, ensuring reports are accurate and timely.
- Be able to operate finance system to raise job numbers.
- Review & understand rec reports, and be able to alert internal team to potential overburn.
- Review & understand WIP reports.
- Ensure finance tracker (of estimates and invoicing) is kept up to date at all times, and send billing requests.
What are your key responsibilities when it comes to being creatively brave?
- Contribute to creative discussions, focusing on knowing everything about competitors and previous client work, and delivering work at the highest standard of presentation.
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail to ensure there are no errors, that work is meeting the brief and addressing all feedback points.
- Support creative teams if further detail/ research needed to address a brief (i.e. research facts to back up insights etc)
- Be able to 'own' a deck template; collating the work and different sections from various team members. Taking pride in ensuring design is consistent throughout and check for spelling and clarity. Understand the creative deck is an extension of the creative work and should look the part.
- Ensure the environment for the presentation is as good as it can be: tech working, food & coffee sorted, print-outs or work on walls. Everyone able to attend. Travel sorted. Proactively ensure this is always done.
What are your key responsibilities when it comes to Strategy?
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of the strategic direction of the brand and the wider marketing context, evidenced by an excellent grasp of competitor communications and able to evaluate our work against the strategy and brief.
- Trusted to support strategy team with analysis and research.
- Be able to draft a task brief (with approval from strategy team)
- Be able to distil client feedback into a clear list of requirements for the team, ensuring there is written reference to the task.
What are your key responsibilities when it comes to knowledge & process?
- Drive projects forward by taking ownership of status meetings and proactively detailing next steps. Be seen as the go-to person on the account for support.
- Show a basic understanding of all our capabilities and specialisms within the pillar (i.e.. Social, Engine film, etc) and demonstrates curiosity to learn more.
- Knows the Engine vision, and be aware of the roles of other pillars. Be able to list the capabilities within Engine Creative.
- Build industry knowledge through competitor reviews / reading industry press.
- Understand requirements detailed in a media plan, working with project management team to liaise with media agency to ensure absolutely clarity and manage expectations of delivery to media agency.
- Understand industry regulatory approval process (i.e. RACC, CC, etc) working with TV admin to ensure cleared at the right times in the process.
- Understand basic production processes: principles of shoot process steps, basic principles of web/digital builds.
- Document and track project process, feedback, and latest work. Create guard books.
We know our people are our superpower, so at Engine you can expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match, including free breakfast at the in-house cafe, gym discounts, contributory pension, cycle to work scheme and much more!
At Engine we believe in a culture of inclusivity, we celebrate difference and believe that diversity makes our business more relevant, our work more meaningful and our people more empowered. We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all and we're open to applications from all ethnicities, orientations, beliefs, gender identities + those with neurodiverse traits and disabilities.
If you’re interested in adding to our culture here at Engine, but this role isn’t quite right for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org detailing what type of roles you’re interested in, along with your CV so we can get in touch for future opportunities.
Find out more at: http://uk.enginegroup.com/