MHP Health is looking for an Account Director to further expand our talented team to support business growth across our broad client base. As an Account Director you will help shape and deliver strategic advice to clients, provide counsel, direction and advice to colleagues and have line management responsibilities.
You will be an ambitious healthcare public affairs consultant with a genuine interest and passion for health policy and public affairs. You’ll be committed to working and thinking hard, as well as having fun, delivering the outcomes that really matter for a range of commercial, voluntary and public sector clients – all of whom have an interest in health and care.
You will ideally have experience of both Global and UK health public affairs or policy development through work in a previous agency/consultancy or in-house in a charity, NGO, commercial or public sector environment. The key requirements will be a solid understanding of health policy and passion for healthcare and a desire to apply these in a busy commercial environment and contribute to the success of a hard-working and passionate team. As an Account Director you will be responsible for managing and guiding junior team members, ensuring effective team working and quality of work.
- Desired skills and experience:
- Five years’ plus work experience in healthcare policy / public affairs, either for a competitor agency, or in-house, perhaps at a charity, professional group or NGO
- Experience working in Global policy, as well as an understanding of the UK environment
- Confidence and gravitas to advise clients on complex challenges
- Experience leading and shaping effective campaigns or large programme with demonstrable outcomes
- Comprehensive understanding of the commercial healthcare and policy landscape
- Experience managing teams and finances